Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to figure out what sprockets I should buy for a 2018 cb300r I’m having a issue with the chain rubbing my tire I have tightened it up but it still seems to rub I really don’t know what to do other than change the sprockets and chain but I don’t want to buy bad sprockets any advice on which one to buy any advice on if me changing the sprockets and chain will fix my issue just looking for some good advice thanks

·
Registered
489 Posts
If the chain is rubbing on the tyre the wheel is out of line. The chain should be adjusted to no more than 35 mm slack at its tightest point. Get a chain alignment tool. They are quite cheap.
Circuit component Rectangle Electronic component Font Passive circuit component

·
Registered
79 Posts
To supplement the advice from Gromit, here's a short video about replacing the chain and sprockets on the CBR300:

The OEM front sprocket is 14 teeth
The OEM rear sprocket is 36 teeth

When the chain has the proper tension and the rear wheel is correctly positioned in the swing-arm, there wont be any rub.

My guess is the rear axle didnt get the full/proper torque, and the chain tension pulled it a little sideways. This would make your chain appear loose and will also cause accelerated wear on the tire. If i'm right, all you have to do is make sure the left and right halves of the swing arm align with the same adjustment markings.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To supplement the advice from Gromit, here's a short video about replacing the chain and sprockets on the CBR300:

The OEM front sprocket is 14 teeth
The OEM rear sprocket is 36 teeth

When the chain has the proper tension and the rear wheel is correctly positioned in the swing-arm, there wont be any rub.

My guess is the rear axle didnt get the full/proper torque, and the chain tension pulled it a little sideways. This would make your chain appear loose and will also cause accelerated wear on the tire. If i'm right, all you have to do is make sure the left and right halves of the swing arm align with the same adjustment markings.

well I have the chain tightened and the axle nut it torqued to 65ftbls and it aligned in the right spot but I’mreally thinking it is that the tire is to big in the back the guy put 160/60 mc17 I believe on the back and the chain with it tightened the right way I’m able the push the chain in to the tire even if I tightened the Chain tight it still able to push the chain and it touch the tire so I’m thinking I’m going to changethe tire it the back to a 140/70 mc17 that came on it stock and go ahead and put new sprockets and chain on it but I’m having trouble finding a good chain I found the front and back sprockets but I’m not sure what chain to buy that’s a good chain any ideas?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
79 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts