Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did these foot pegs lower your foot placement? Where did you get them?
Yes they are about the hight of the stock pegs without the black rubber if not a fraction lower.. I'd have to go to the shed and measure the two to know buy how much.. It's easy a inch lower and I find much more comfortable..pegs are also slimmer in width and slightly shorter

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Where did you get them from and how much did they end up costing you?
They were on eBay listed as stock pegs for cbr600rr & 1000r
I did have to file down the face plate so they sat level to my likeing as when I first put them on the ends pointed up in the air around a inch. But that only took me 10 mins a side with a flat file
But the good news is they were only $20aud for both fronts and backs with pins springs and clips
I used the stock pins and springs fitting was quick and easy.
I'm yet to put the back ones on as the misses wanted a comfy peg lol so I kept the backs stock to avoide listening to her complain

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
They look great, did you notice an increase in vibration through the peg with out the rubber? Thinkin about getting some...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look great, did you notice an increase in vibration through the peg with out the rubber? Thinkin about getting some...
Haven't had a huge amount of seat time
Since the new pegs I did do one high speed run for about half hour doing speeds around 130 to limiter the whole time so she was really screaming as I stuck with the 14 tooth front.. To be honest I didn't notice and uncomfortable vibration at all I was wearing my smx3 boots
That have a thick sole tho, that was the reason for the change felt cramped with my boots on...

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean about the cramped feeling. I'm only 5'10" and I find it just tight enough in the leg room, don't know how the 6ft plus brigade get on!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm only 5'7 and find it cramped in the legs.. This bike is definitely designed for the shorter riders.. They also sell the same pegs I got in black.
I went with the silver only because the stock peg brackets are silver and looks a bit more stock

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
I just ordered a set off ebay. I got front pegs only as I don't have pillion pegs on my bike, so only $10 for the pair. Went for the silver, I'm assuming they are made from aluminium as it didn't say?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes that's right. If they sit up alittle like mine did just take a little at a time with the file till they sit to your liking. 10 buks is a
Bargin can't go wrong..

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Fitted the new pegs today, really happy with them. Didn't notice any increase in vibration on a test ride with not having the rubber and they look way tricker than the boring commuter style ones.
They are designed for the CBR600RR so don't quite fit exactly, but you just have to spend 10 minutes with a file taking a little off the inside edge so they sit flat.
Good for taller riders as they give you a little bit extra leg room with your foot sitting lower.
Oh yeah, if there's any other bike lightening freaks out there like myself then you will pleased to know they weigh over half a pound less than the OEM ones!
Have a look for them on ebay if interested.
View attachment 2769

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm only 5'7 and find it cramped in the legs.. This bike is definitely designed for the shorter riders.. They also sell the same pegs I got in black.
I went with the silver only because the stock peg brackets are silver and looks a bit more stock
I have had no trouble with being cramped on the bike using the stock pegs. I am 5'8" but I am a very flexible man (I stretch, lift, practice martial arts, and do yoga; background you don't care about haha) The new pegs do look a little less bulky than the stock. And also, I have never noticed any vibration in the stock pegs; not enough to keep me from having an unpleasant ride.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
I have had no trouble with being cramped on the bike using the stock pegs. I am 5'8" but I am a very flexible man (I stretch, lift, practice martial arts, and do yoga; background you don't care about haha) The new pegs do look a little less bulky than the stock. And also, I have never noticed any vibration in the stock pegs; not enough to keep me from having an unpleasant ride.
I'm just over 5'10" and mostly its OK except on a long ride of over three hours or so, but its not a big issue. Background is good, its always interesting to find out what sort of people have bought the same bike as you.
:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
At 6'1", aftermarket pegs would be one of my first mods. I have a set of adjustable pegs on my 1100 that are 10mm lower and 10mm more forward. They make a big difference.

Any tall riders out there?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts