Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been thrilled with the racks I have found to fit my new (to me) 2017 CB300F. Then I remembered I have this rack from a Yamaha WR250X I used to have. It's a billet rack from Skaggs (Yamaha WR250R Billet Slim Rack — ScaggsMotoDesigns) and its shape is very close to the angles of the grab handles on the back of the CB300F. I think I could pretty easily come up with a way to mount it to those handles and end up with a pretty sweet and functional rack. Note that it has built in fittings for a Givi top case. In these two photos I have just set it in position.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Vehicle Automotive tire Crankset Sports equipment Bicycle tire

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finished it today. It's very solid and I think it will work well. These are the mounting holes I drilled in the handles.
Automotive lighting Fender Bumper Red Cylinder

I also drilled the silver holes for the rear mounting screws. That is the only modification to the rack.
Automotive tire Font Wood Gas Art

Spacers keep it off the bikes tail cowling. Shorter screws would be nice! Even with them my workmanship won't win a beauty contest on close examination, but the billet rack is a much higher quality piece than the other options I have seen.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive tire Vehicle

Completed installation.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

No room for a passenger when the 42 liter case is on, if that matters to you. But I like that it is not hanging way out in space behind me.
Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
394 Posts
Well done- but I wouldn't put a lot of weight on the rack due to mounting it to aluminium -one big bump and snap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts