Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am new to the forum, great to see such a forum for the CBR300R.

I have just purchased a Scorpion end can for my bike. I fitted it tonight but in addition to the end can and connecting pipe, the kit included what the instructions called a "double ended flute". This goes in between the connecting pipe and the end can. It's probably about 7" long and is blanked off at each end and then has a circular tube with holes in. To me it looks like some sort of baffle. I'm thinking this must surely restrict gas flow and therefore performance?

So my question was, am I right in thinking this part could be restrictive? Or is is designed to improve pressure in the exhaust and therefore performance?

Cheers....

Adrian

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Welcome to the Forum... Can I assume this is what you have??

Scorpion Exhaust Honda CBR 300R 2014 15 SERKET

What you describe sounds like a baffle that fits in the end can of your exhaust. This basically is a " removable muffler" that quiets the exhaust note (to please your neighours) when ridden in public. Yes it does restrict a bit of power but not as much as stock.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Welcome Adrian, yes its a decibel reducer or baffle. Interesting that it is inserted from the front tho, most are fitted through the end cap and then a screw or bolt retains them in place. At least yours wont blow out!
Yes, the baffle will help improve your low RPM torque but possibly reduce your top end power. Ive had my decibel reducer out and I could hardly notice the difference in top end power tho so I leave it in all the time, even at the track. Most folk don't like an obnoxiously loud bike around them from my experience.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yes the scorpion exhaust has two baffles, one on each end. Use both and it sounds great. Fueling is perfect. Only aftermarket exhaust that I know of that is street legal in Europe which means it would be street legal in the US too but they don't want to pay for the certification. Their cbr250 exhaust is street legal in CA of all places, CARB certified. If it passes CARB it passes everything.

my signature is my youtube channel, I have some videos on the Scorpion exhaust

1 - 4 of 4 Posts