Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
I'm definitely a Marquez fan - respect! I'm a visibility freak when it comes to helmets though so no good for me. Nice lid though.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hey, as long as you put good use on it, I say why not. I really wish I could shell out for a nicer helmet, but I'm trying to make-do with the HJC CL-17 from when I had the 300R.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
On the topic of helmets, Shoei makes a top quality lid. As long as it properly fits your head shape, you've made a good choice OP. I've worn Shoei helmets for many years, not because of the brand name, but rather because they fit my head shape like a glove.

Too often, people make helmet buying decisions weighted on low or discounted prices and fancy graphics, rather than making proper fit as their first priority. I've seen lots riders with cool looking helmets which are a bit too large for their head. It's fairly obvious when they put their helmet on, as it takes little effort to slide it past their ears. If the helmet is easy to put on, it's more than likely too big.

Myself, I've never been a big fan of race replica helmet graphics, or for that matter stylized graphics, preferring a solid bright color for maximum visibility.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Great Lid, got the matte black myself with a smoke visor and my Bluetooth setup, excellent helmet. I still remember how happy I was going from my old HJC to the 1000. This helmet was as big a jump as it was from the HJC. Worth every penny for a lot of different reasons.

Personally I am with MotoMike, I wouldn't buy a race replica helmet myself, but out of all of them that exist that one is a little more subdued. If I WAS going to go do that I would have gotten the X-twelve, but that's a pretty serious lid.

Enjoy the purchase sir.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replys. It fits my head better than my old hjc and does everything better like ventilation and anti fog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts