Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't think this has been posted yet. Some nice views of what the bike looks like with a rider on board:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Love this ad, too bad it wasn't an america ad for the 300. But i'm just happen to see something new on this bike as we have been without official info or anything like this for a while!
Thanks for sharing

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
That's a humorous advert... they are obviously playing up the 'girl magnet' aspect of motorcycling, and of the CBR300R in particular. Noticed they also mis-stated the engine size as 300 cc, instead of the correct 286 cc displacement.

Love this ad, too bad it wasn't an america ad for the 300. But i'm just happen to see something new on this bike as we have been without official info or anything like this for a while!
Thanks for sharing
Ortega, you must have missed the last few posts in this thread: http://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/new-2014-honda-cbr300-news/801-honda-cbr300ra-coming-fall-2014-a-3.html

There is some new info on page three of that thread regarding the projected U.S. release date of the CBR300R.

·
Registered
532 Posts
as always advertising is not selling you a product, it is selling you an opinion and someone elses opinion at that... Very powerful stuff...

Only a few months wait now...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im sure these will selll like hot cakes in Thailand
Yep, I think the various Thai made bikes are way cheaper for internal Thai buyers than equivalent models made in other countries (Japan, Europe, India etc) and imported into Thailand. I bet there are a lot of Thai riders that are very happy their country is becoming a major manufacturing centre for vehicles.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That's a humorous advert... they are obviously playing up the 'girl magnet' aspect of motorcycling, and of the CBR300R in particular. Noticed they also mis-stated the engine size as 300 cc, instead of the correct 286 cc displacement.
It seems like somewhat of a norm to round engine displacements though. Plenty of bikes come with a displacement that is a little under what the advertised displacement is. It must be legal and okay if everyone is doing it. I'm not going to complain. anyone who puts in proper research before they buy would figure out the actual displacement.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
It seems like somewhat of a norm to round engine displacements though. Plenty of bikes come with a displacement that is a little under what the advertised displacement is. It must be legal and okay if everyone is doing it. I'm not going to complain. anyone who puts in proper research before they buy would figure out the actual displacement.
Yes, the manufacturers do this 'displacement rounding' in terms of model names, i.e. a 600 that is actually 597.5 cc's, or a 750 that is actually 745.7 cc's, and so on. And your right, there is nothing illegal about it... they can call a bike by any model name they want to, but when quoting actual engine displacement, one would think that they would want to be accurate, particularly when the actual displacement is 14 cc's less than what the model name implies.

As I said, in the case of this advertisement, the way it appeared across the bottom of the screen might lead someone (who doesn't know any better) to think that this bike actually has a 300 cc engine, when it reality it doesn't.

Reactions: Cropper

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Thank god they round the displacement numbers, i prefer they do that rather than have all these specific numbers.
So it sounds like you wouldn't be interested in buying a CBR286R? :eek: I'm sure the marketing people at Honda think that 'CBR300R' sounds much sexier too. ;)

Seriously though, one aspect of the new CBR300R that seems to prevalent in peoples minds, is that it will go head to head with the Ninja 300 in terms of outright performance... unfortunately it won't. The Ninja 300 will still take the CBR300R on top end speed, due to the Ninja's higher peak horsepower. At the same time, the CBR300R will have a distinct edge over the Ninja in terms of mid-range torque, and therefore all around everyday ride ability, in the same way that the CBR250R does compared to the Ninja 250.

·
Registered
532 Posts
So it sounds like you wouldn't be interested in buying a CBR286R? :eek: I'm sure the marketing people at Honda think that 'CBR300R' sounds much sexier too. ;)

Seriously though, one aspect of the new CBR300R that seems to prevalent in peoples minds, is that it will go head to head with the Ninja 300 in terms of outright performance... unfortunately it won't. The Ninja 300 will still take the CBR300R on top end speed, due to the Ninja's higher peak horsepower. At the same time, the CBR300R will have a distinct edge over the Ninja in terms of mid-range torque, and therefore all around everyday ride ability, in the same way that the CBR250R does compared to the Ninja 250.
Indeed, but I still think the Ninjette is going to be king of the low end. From what i've read on a couple Ninjette forums the N300 is geared so god dam low you really don't even need much of the top end, its so good at the bottom you dont need to twist the piss out of it to get it moving....

·
Registered
707 Posts
It definitely helps with marketing and even with forming specific segments, people will start referring to these as the "300's" just imagine if no one in the industry rounded anything! Remembering all the specific names would be crazy.

·
Registered
528 Posts
It definitely helps with marketing and even with forming specific segments, people will start referring to these as the "300's" just imagine if no one in the industry rounded anything! Remembering all the specific names would be crazy.
yea to keep yourself sane its easier to round up

1 - 17 of 17 Posts