Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

New to the brotherhood!

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  mike 
#1 · (Edited)
Its a rare beautiful November day here in STL, and before I go out for a ride soon, I thought I'd introduce my self as a new joiner to all the 2 wheeled enthusiasts!

Quick story; I've always loved motorcycles but never had the outlet for them growing up. Recently, while thinking of getting a new car, I thought to myself "self, why not get a bike instead?". So I did! I came home from work travels a week later, bought the 300r on a wed afternoon along with my gear, took the MSF safety course here over that weekend, got my license and the bike delivered Monday... Then I had to go back out of town the very next day and that was very painful hah!
Anyway, I love it every minute of it. I cant wait to take all the opportunities to safely ride that I can. So if you're in STL, hit me up... ill finish a ride with you...

#7 ·
Thanks everyone! Glad to be here & promise to be active and provide quality posts.
I do currently have a car (Honda Accord) but I was gonna get liability on that and get a new car so that I can use the Honda for work commutes and whatnot. But, as I stated, I got the bike instead! Solid decision!

#8 ·
I guess Missouri is warm enough that you have a longer riding season than other places. Especially me since I live in Canada :p Depends on if you are in the north or south of the state i guess.

Will you commute with your bike or your car? Is the bike just for the weekends or something?

#9 ·
sometimes it stays freakishly warm in Nov.but I don't plan on riding below 45 degrees maybe. I don't have any winter gloves or anything yet. So far ive used the bike for getting to friends houses or those days where its nice and you just crave a ride. At this point, I need all the practice I can get. I been driving random paths just to gain experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.