Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

New to riding here, just over a year. I ride daily and am lucky to have a fun, half hour commute on some city/highway/twisty b-road. Riding is year round here on Vancouver Island as its either sunny or rainy but rarely too cold !

Found this forum a little while ago and thought I would join in as there seems to be some great info and wisdom.

Riding a white, 2015 cb300f.

·
Super Moderator
3,001 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome IR..... Now I have to go look at Vancouver Island and see what “warm” is to people in your part of the world.

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
Howdy! I visited V. I. about 12 yrs ago when I was in BC. It rained a lot of the time, but yeah it wasn't that cold. I remember a good biking road from the east side of the island not too far from where the ferry comes in to the west side. Great scenery too.
Pretty sure member @Dan German is from the Island too. Your probably related Ha ha.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Welcome! Oddly, the day you posted this was my birthday, which I ritually spend on a longish ride. This year’s choice was the Pacific Marine Circle Route. If you haven’t done it, you need to.

Welcome IR..... Now I have to go look at Vancouver Island and see what “warm” is to people in your part of the world.
I used to live in Tulsa and Stillwater. I prefer the “winters” here.

Pretty sure member @Dan German is from the Island too. Your probably related Ha ha.
Yes, I am up mid-Island way, in Nanaimo. Long live the PRVI!

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
Yes, I am up mid-Island way, in Nanaimo. Long live the PRVI!
Highway 4 to Tofino was the road I was thinking of, I'm sure your familiar with it. I remember looking out the bus window and thinking 'man, wish I was on a bike'. Esp as I had just had a quarrel with my girlfriend of the time at the bus station before we boarded and the mood was dark! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not the island but I;d love to do the Banf Jasper Parkway, Done it by tin top years ago and loved it but kept thinking how amazing it would be to do it by bike, just have to keep clear of the big horn sheep and dear, the elk, oh and the bears,:eek: hmm maybe the tin top does make sense but still it would be an amazing ride ;)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Highway 4 to Tofino was the road I was thinking of, I'm sure your familiar with it. I remember looking out the bus window and thinking 'man, wish I was on a bike'. Esp as I had just had a quarrel with my girlfriend of the time at the bus station before we boarded and the mood was dark! :D
I ride over to Torino (Ucluelet, actually, it’s less touristy) on a semi-regular basis. There’s a stretch where they’re doing a two year construction project, so you often have to wait for your turn for the one existing lane, but we’re on Island Time—what’s the hurry?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts