Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, All!
I just purchased a 2019 cbr300r and I'm completely smitten! :) Doesn't hurt that with only 600 miles, and completely stock, the bike feels nearly new.
I'm Michigan-based, the cbr is my second street bike, I have around 10yrs riding experience, and I'm hoping to ease into a few small useful mods just to supplement what already feels like a great fit for me.
I look forward to reading posts and learning tons from fellow enthusiasts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, given that it snowed here again today I'm leaning toward snow tires first, lol
Not really but, since it's looking like the cool weather is gonna stick around this spring I'm thinking heated grips might be a good add. Oxfords?

I'm still learning the bike, looking like this weekend is gonna warm up enough to put on some miles...

15T front sprocket, eh?

·
Premium Member
5,596 Posts
Yeah Oxford is a good solid brand of middle ground quality and cost. Ive fitted quite a few of their products over the years but not the heated grips. This old thread that may have some tips:

I'll let Gromit extol the virtues of the 15T front sprocket mod.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've read a little bit about the Oxford's and it seems they recently had a controller issue they think they have resolved with a new model. I like that the kit seems to contain all the necessary components.

I've been reading a bit about the sprockets... is that a change worth doing right away or wait until the originals/chain need replaced?

Please forgive any dumb comments, I'm definitely new to mods - I left my last bike completely stock and just strictly followed the maintenance schedule in the manual. As only a commuter/leisure rider she served me well that way.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The Oxford grips are good. I put them on my CBR300 and changed them to the CB300R last November when I changed the bike. Same with the 15T front. Do it now. When you have to change the chain and rear sprocket you can also change the front 15T. From my experiences of these bikes the chain may need changing sooner than you expect. On the CBR I changed at 10200 miles due to a seized link and on my new CB I have just replaced the chain at 1500 (yes fifteen HUNDRED) due to all links being rather stiff in spite if regular cleaning and lubrication. In each case I replaced with a DID VX.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts