Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I'm riding a ruckus now but looking to add to my stable in the next year or so and I hope to get a cb300f.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, you'll find lots of 300F info on here to peruse. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I've got the itch just not the right time to buy for me. Just had a baby and trying to move so I'm lurking until the right opportunity strikes.

An unrelated question is there a my posts feature on this forum I can't find it

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
If you go to your own profile page by clicking on your name then click on 'statistics' then click on 'view all posts by....' that will get you there in a long winded manner.
Unless there's another way I don't know of, which is quite possible. :D

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome. Nothing wrong with lurking and learning. Very smart of you to introduce yourself in advance... A good mindset for planning and preparation, I salute you.

Now that I think about it, since you have a baby on the way, this may likely become an active time for change and updates in one's lifestyle. Take your time, no worries at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found that on my phone in the enhanced mobile view there is a participated tab on the home menu. Still looking for the standard view.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the Forum, you'll find lots of 300F info on here to peruse.
Welcome. Nothing wrong with lurking and learning. Very smart of you to introduce yourself in advance... A good mindset for planning and preparation, I salute you.

Now that I think about it, since you have a baby on the way, this may likely become an active time for change and updates in one's lifestyle. Take your time, no worries at all.
Thanks for the welcome

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome from Toronto! Ruckus is so cool. Have you done any mods? The 300 will be like a rocket compared to the Ruckus.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Variator, ported carb, chopped exhaust and a bunch of cosmetic stuff. Yeah the ruck is great for a quick run to the store but commuting is a little sluggish and I can't keep up with traffic much less avoid it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sounds like a good plan Link. I lurked for quite some time myself and then found a deal. Keep hunting and you'll find the right one for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
what site does everyone use to host images i use imgur but it tells me that the link is not valid

nevermind imgur had extra characters after the jpg ext for some reason so i just deleted them after pasting the url and it worked.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went by the local powersports dealer and sat on a cbr300r an r3 and a cb500f no 300f in stock. The cbr and the f felt the best quality to me. The r3 plastics creaked and made noise as I moved on the bike. The 500 felt so much heavier than the 300 it was crazy. The 300 basicly just stood up with me I didn't have to grab the bars to pull it off the kickstand. Too bad I'm not buying sooner they had a 15 white/blue/red on clearance since the 16's are already on the showroom floor.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
After many years riding much heavier bikes (heaviest 270kg) I find the little CBR a joy, especially at lower speeds and on tight roads. Pushing it around in car parks is easy-peasy. Even pushing it backwards with my feet while sitting on board is possible without busting a hamstring.

I have likened the CBR to the Mazda MX5/Miata and reckon it's a valid comparison. Both are actually fairly unsophisticated devices (for so-called 'sports' machines) which nevertheless deliver a great experience by virtue of light weight. The effect of light weight on handling and overall dynamics should not be underestimated - it is quite profound.

An example of this concept is the original Mini. Try one today and you will - I guarantee - enjoy driving it, despite a tiny engine and very basic suspension. The reason is primarily its very low weight, less than half that of what you're probably driving today, perhaps even a third. Even with an old-school 1000cc engine, those things are an absolute hoot to drive on tight roads.

Less is very definitely more.

·
Banned
777 Posts
Variator, ported carb, chopped exhaust and a bunch of cosmetic stuff. Yeah the ruck is great for a quick run to the store but commuting is a little sluggish and I can't keep up with traffic much less avoid it.
Sounds like you need a BBK on that thing! :)

·
Banned
777 Posts
After many years riding much heavier bikes (heaviest 270kg) I find the little CBR a joy, especially at lower speeds and on tight roads. Pushing it around in car parks is easy-peasy. Even pushing it backwards with my feet while sitting on board is possible without busting a hamstring.

I have likened the CBR to the Mazda MX5/Miata and reckon it's a valid comparison. Both are actually fairly unsophisticated devices (for so-called 'sports' machines) which nevertheless deliver a great experience by virtue of light weight. The effects of light weight on handling and overall dynamics should not be underestimated - it is quite profound.

An example of this concept is the original Mini. Try one today and you will - I guarantee - enjoy driving it, despite a tiny engine and very basic suspension. The reason is primarily its very low weight, less than half that of what you're probably driving today, perhaps even a third. Even with an old-school 1000cc engine, those things are an absolute hoot to drive on tight roads.

Less is very definitely more.
One of the reasons I traded in my GS500F for a CBR300R.
Very similar bikes in every aspect of the way, save for the GS has about a 10MPH higher top speed, which it gets through higher revving.

Any bike in the proximity or over 400LBS, I feel, is so unsafe to ride.
The small 1 by 0.5 inch contact patch of the tire and the road, is all there is to stop the whole thing.

THere's a lot of benefits to a small bike. Not only fuel economy, and cheaper purchase price, and more fun to ride;
The bike is more flickable, easier to get out of harms way, and most of the parts on it last longer (like chain, tires, and sprockets).
The only bad thing about a 300cc vs a 1600cc is their need for valve checkups; which most mechanically inclined people rather not do.
A big bike often only need one or two in their entire lifetime, while a 300 needs it every 10-15k miles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts