Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post up this thread to see if maybe there would be any potential interest in the near future. This looks to be a small community, and even smaller locally, I'm sure... But we can make it work.

Please feel free to post up any interest while opening up to a date, time, and place which will work for everyone.

Thank you.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Great idea, hopefully some folks take pictures of the meets just to get a good idea of what the turnout is like.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
... So impatient for the winter to end.
Despite the colder weather of the past few weeks, winter hasn't even officially started yet... so I'm afraid you've got a long wait until spring rolls around again.

The midwest and eastern half of the country is supposed to see a warm up next week, which is unfortunate for the people up in Buffalo, NY... they are going to have one big mess to contend with when all that snow starts melting.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If I had the means to transport my bike to your area and ride with you, I would do so, sir.
I crave a good ride right now! So impatient for the winter to end.
I can understand the feeling... Especially when the bike has been recently purchased and all that excitement continues to build up to ride it. You're welcome with open arms! :D

Great idea, hopefully some folks take pictures of the meets just to get a good idea of what the turnout is like.
Definitely. I don't have a fancy camera but I'm sure we'd be very happy to post up several pictures if we eventually get a meetup to occur. Turnout may not be high but hopefully we can gather a couple of members or so... I think certain areas around the country and globe already have multiple members, so the presence is already knocking on the door.

Despite the colder weather of the past few weeks, winter hasn't even officially started yet... so I'm afraid you've got a long wait until spring rolls around again.

The midwest and eastern half of the country is supposed to see a warm up next week, which is unfortunate for the people up in Buffalo, NY... they are going to have one big mess to contend with when all that snow starts melting.
I was thinking the cold really turns up in January or February in my area, but we've been having cold fronts lately. Now comes some rain as well. Oh well, makes us enjoy and appreciate the good weather days that much more.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone in the North Texas area pick up a 300 or planning on it?

If I'm not mistaken, @AJ Nin is further out in San Antonio and @jmerod58 may have a chance at moving there in the near future...

Reactions: jmerod58

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Ive noticed a lot of the new members are forgetting to put where they are from in their profile. I find it helpful and interesting to know where someone is from, then i know whether to talk in MPH or Km/h for example.
Maybe they want to be stealth riders.... Lol

Anyways, hope u get some takers for the meet up, great idea.:)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just bought mine from Honda west in ft.worth.I am about 50 miles west off I-20.
Very cool. So far, Marc and yourself are in close proximity to one another. We can still try to make it work eventually...

Welcome!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I suppose we can form this tentative list just to start off as we run into more local members... Please feel free to copy and keep adding. Once we have enough interest to motivate, we should be able to make this happen... :)

1) Fanatic (Plano)
2) rcm (50 miles west of Fort Worth, close to I-20)
3) MarcFWTX (Fort Worth)
4) jmerod58 (San Antonio)
5)

* AJ Nin (San Antonio)
* jmerod58 (relocating to San Antonio in April)

·
Registered
352 Posts
I suppose we can form this tentative list just to start off as we run into more local members... Please feel free to copy and keep adding. Once we have enough interest to motivate, we should be able to make this happen... :)

1) Fanatic (Plano)
2) rcm (50 miles west of Fort Worth, close to I-20)
3) MarcFWTX (Fort Worth)
4)

* AJ Nin (San Antonio)
* jmerod58 (potentially relocating to San Antonio)
In the process of relocating now. Im thinking an April timeframe. Id love to meet up with some of you guys for sure.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It is possible sometime this year.Although I am not a big fan of riding in the dallas
area.The wife and I had a wreck in 1995 in ft. worth.A kid rolled through a stop sign.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is possible sometime this year.Although I am not a big fan of riding in the dallas
area.The wife and I had a wreck in 1995 in ft. worth.A kid rolled through a stop sign.
I can understand. I suppose we can always toss up some location ideas as time comes closer and maybe go from there... :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can get down to ELP in an hour or so :p
Maybe our site moderator could make it as well if we were to hold something in El Paso?

I feel lke a big coward but my attendance is up in the air all of a sudden. In the midst of a start up business opportunity and my schedule is questionable from now onwards. I feel so guilty and so unpredictable at this point... :eek:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just wanted to update as a courtesy. I've picked up on a second job, and my very first start up business opportunity is due any day now as well. Won't have time with the wife and kids as much either, but this is a sacrifice I've thought deeply about and am willing to take on for the sake of a better and more stable financial future.

My apology, but if someone would like to carry the torch for a future meet anywhere around the area, etc... I'm all for it, and you have my support regardless of my presence.

I'll still hop on the forum from time to time (maybe during odd hours or when I get a chance to get away for a few seconds from the restraints I've positioned myself in).

Thank you for your understanding, and sorry once again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts