Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently purchased a center stand with the intent to start doing whatever maintenance work on my bike that I can do myself. However, it came without any instructions. I assembled it based on the photos online and the way that made the most sense to me, but I wasn't too sure if I did it correctly.

Here's the stand I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DO3AC1C/

The only part I was unsure about was the screws in the middle of the center stand (between the wheels and the u-shaped bar). I wasn't able to fasten the washer bolt to the screw all the way since both of those items were moving at the same time. Even so, the stand doesn't feel to flimsy but I wanted to get other opinions.

Sorry in advance if I didn't do the best job explaining, I'll try to snap some pics. In the meantime, thanks in advance for the help!

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
These stands are called lift stands or paddock stands (as in race paddock), a center stand is usually attached to the motorcycle permanently. More common on touring type bikes rather than sports bikes.

Anyways those bolts that attach the U handle to the main frame look to be dome heads from the picture, but its hard to tell 100%.
You use a tool called an allen key to stop them turning while you tighten the nuts on the thread with a spanner or shifter.
The allen key fits into the hexagonal recess of the dome head.

All the best with your maintenance work. :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have a similar one, I will post piccys tomm for you if it helps.

Mark

·
Registered
352 Posts
That looks like a rear stand or front stand, not a center stand. Do the Amazon pics show a different product than what was bought? Cause I didn't think a true center stand would work on our bikes...
no need to clarify; im just saying...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts