Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed the bike sticking in nuetral and have noticed the clutch peddle is not going all the way down when trying to shift out of nuetral it goes up to shift up from nuetral just fine Starting to wonder if I bought a lemon I've put maybe a 1000 miles on the bike and have had 3 or 4 issues so far

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Sometimes notchy shifting can be because the clutch is not 100% disengaged due to the cable needing a slight adjustment. Check your clutch cable doesn't need some slack taken out of it esp as it's new and they stretch initially. Do your throttle cables while your at it. It's all in the owners manual from memory.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had the clutch cable adjusted for the lever but haven't adjusted it from the engine

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
I have had the clutch cable adjusted for the lever but haven't adjusted it from the engine
It's same same. The provision to adjust it at the engine end of the cable is only there for when you run out of adjustment (thread) at the lever end. If someone else has adjusted it then I wouldn't trust their work necessarily even if it's a shop tech. You only want about 3-4 mm of gap between the lever and the perch before the pressure comes on.
Mike says 5mm in this guide that I'll attach but I feel this is too much:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts