Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of my pet peeves on my cb300f has been the brake pedal. nothing screams cheap like the brake pedal. while i was at the honda dealer today i was looking at and really liking the brake pedal on the cb650f. it appears to attach the same, all the part numbers around it(springs, clips etc )are the same. has anybody changed theirs or tried one on for size.????:nerd:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it screams "i'm dainty. don't step too hard on me. i might break". like honda couldn't afford something with a little more substance. (i also have a coffee pot that screams at me every morning, "drink me, drink me". i always listen to my coffee pot!!)

·
Registered
387 Posts
See, now you're going to make me go look at mine. It better not be as bad as you say, or it will start bugging me, when I had never noticed any problem with it. Oh, I see now. It's similar to the shift lever. Meh. It doesn't look fancy, but it looks sturdy, and it doesn't stand out. It can stay. For me, it was the clutch/brake levers. They looked like the same cheapo pot metal parts Honda was using in the late '60s. Those were gone in weeks after I bought it.

Edit: I have the same coffee pot as you.

·
Super Moderator
2,984 Posts
Nothing wrong with the design or materials used for the stock brake pedal.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
come on. don't tell me nobody has looked at the brake pedal on a cb650 and said "wow, that would look so much better on my bike than that stock pedal".

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
a mirror on the mind..

lifetimes of honda brake levers
which never failed any test
would tend to condition riders
to not, perceive of their brake levers
as likely to break, or 'dainty'..

honda road levers take typical impact without
snapping off or otherwise breaking..
yet be capable of bending back into shape
sufficiently to get you home again,
from the back of Woop-woop..

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
come on. don't tell me nobody has looked at the brake pedal on a cb650 and said "wow, that would look so much better on my bike than that stock pedal".
No but only because I'm not familiar with what the CB650 one looks like. I did however look at the rear brake pedal on my Ninja and thought 'that looks better than the one on my old CBR'. But it wasn't a big moment for me. Ultimately you get what you pay for.

I drilled my CBR one so that it looked like a block of swiss cheese to make it lighter, but ultimately the whole assembly got swapped out for a set of aluminium rear sets.
The final solution :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, it wasn't a big moment for me(i can think of far better things to get warm and gooey over) but considering some of the seemingly innocuos things people farkle their bikes with it looked like a good ask. check one out. (i think the cbr600 uses the same brake pedal).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okay...just in case anybody really wanted to know ha ha. the brake pedal from a 2018 cbr650 is a direct fit for our cheapo looking one(part #46500-MJE-305 ). its about a 30 dollar investment but looks so much better i consider it money well spent. the only thing is you have to adjust the rear brake for the light. and don't start w/o snap ring pliers!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
okay...just in case anybody really wanted to know ha ha. the brake pedal from a 2018 cbr650 is a direct fit for our cheapo looking one(part #46500-MJE-305 ). its about a 30 dollar investment but looks so much better i consider it money well spent. the only thing is you have to adjust the rear brake for the light. and don't start w/o snap ring pliers!!

Any pics (before and after)???? I am a constant fiddler and wondering if I should put this on the list :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think of it another way. I have never in my life looked at a motorcycle and said to myself, "I'd never buy that one because of that crappy-looking brake pedal!"

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think of it another way. I have never in my life looked at a motorcycle and said to myself, "I'd never buy that one because of that crappy-looking brake pedal!"
Honestly, I haven't either. But I couldn't agree more about being over-whelmed with technology in newer automobiles. Guess that's one reason I'm still driving a piece of stuff, '91 pickup. That, and I figure I could buy, what? maybe 8 or 10 new bikes for the price of a new truck? No brainer.. ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Believe you me, I've been looking at all the parts on the CB650F.... (Save for maybe the brake pedal!) and thinking they would all be much better on my bike. ;)

How about the 650's center stripe along the top of the gas tank? That's what I've been contemplating for my 300.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I believe this is the item in question?

View attachment 33600
I def think it looks nicer but I personally would not spend the $30 to upgrade it because I dont think most non-motorcyclists would even notice it..... and I myself dont feel too badly about the stock lever.

These are the kind of mods that we dont get reimbursed for when we sell the bike used so I would only make such mods if I am planning to keep the bike for at least 5 solid years.

Thats my personal opinion about it but if you do decide to do the mod I would be happy to see a picture of the final showing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts