Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so after 6 resistors and a lot of heat later, I finally found the OEM flasher relay. It was right in front of my face literally! Lol. If you turn your handlebars to the right, and look right under the clutch lever on the bar into the corner of the fairing by the gas tank. Stick your hand in and its about 1 inch down. Just pull it out of a rubber housing and voila. So I'm like yay now I'll just get a led flasher relay and chuck the resistors. I clicked the connection open and its a 9 pin plug? Only 7 are being used. I'm pretty sure which 3 wires I need to pop out of the connector and hard wire them to the new relay, but I've been in contact with a guy from Custom LED'S and he said he has never heard od a 9 pin connector or having to use 2 flasher relays. Because if I pop out the black, grey, green and wire the 3 to the new led relay, I would still have 4 more wires in the OEM harness? Plus when I plug in the OEM relay I'd think the computer will freak out when it cant find those 3 wires! Lol. Does anyone have any answers for me at all? Custom led said I should get the Honda repair manual. Not thrilled spending $100 bucks just to install a $10 relay.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You're kinda stuck with the OEM relay pack on this bike unfortunately, at least from what I can tell. It controls the running lights and flashing in the same box with a separate output to each turn signal. A circuit using a few SPDT relays and a flasher could be used as a substitute, but it would end up being much larger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts