Drain Plug Washer - P/N 94109-12000

Oil Filter - P/N 15410-KYJ-901

Air Filter - P/N 17211-KYJ-900

Note: These part numbers are the same for all CBR250R, CBR300R, & CB300F models

·
Registered
225 Posts
This is exactly what I needed! Right on MotoMike! Sub'd

Do you have any part numbers to aftermarket oil/air filters? I know K&N makes an oil filter replacement. Are there any others out there? I've been using Amsoil now for years, but I don't believe they offer anything for the CBR300R. From what I've searched online

·
Super Moderator
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is exactly what I needed! Right on MotoMike! Sub'd

Do you have any part numbers to aftermarket oil/air filters? I know K&N makes an oil filter replacement. Are there any others out there? I've been using Amsoil now for years, but I don't believe they offer anything for the CBR300R. From what I've searched online
I don't... I just use the OEM Honda parts for oil changes on all my bikes.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm a tad skeptical on K&N oil media filters. But only when it comes to my truck, I've heard they can foul up MAF sensors. I don't think it'd be a problem in a motorcycle however.

·
Super Moderator
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a tad skeptical on K&N oil media filters. But only when it comes to my truck, I've heard they can foul up MAF sensors. I don't think it'd be a problem in a motorcycle however.
I'm not a fan of K&N air filters. Had one in my XR650L for awhile, and despite being diligent about cleaning it and re-oiling, it was letting fine dirt through and into the intake tract. Now in my XR's I only use the Twin-Air foam filters, which do a far better job of trapping dirt.

For my CBR, the throw away Honda air filters are inexpensive enough (about $10 USD), are good for about 10,000 to 12,000 miles, and most importantly, do a very good job of trapping dirt and keeping it out of the engine. Besides, I don't see a need to mess around with servicing an expensive re-usable air filter like the K&N when I'd have to put at least 80,000 miles on it before it would begin to pay for itself (over the cost of OEM Honda air filters for that same number of miles).

·
Super Moderator
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive done over 20,000 km on K &N filters in my CBR's with no issues. I'm not pushing them , just saying i havent had any probs.
You're talking about your experience with their oil filters, or are you also using a K&N air filter in your bike?

My post is referring only to my experience with one of their air filters.

·
Premium Member
5,251 Posts
You're talking about your experience with their oil filters, or are you also using a K&N air filter in your bike?

My post is referring only to my experience with one of their air filters.
Both, but I'm aware that 20K isnt much of a test period to accurately gauge performance in the case of the air filter which I've used in both bikes. Great being able top swap some parts between the 250R & 300.

I buy the K&N oil filters because I can get them on line for $7 USD each.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had a K&N air filter on my BMW K75RS which I rode 166,500 miles on. Can't remember how many miles it was actually on the bike for but it was cheaper than OE in the long run.

Based on OE air filter prices, the K&N's have been competitively priced in the UK. I have also used K&N air filters on a Yamaha XJR1300SP (25,000 miles), Yamaha FZS600 (9,000 miles) and Honda CB1000R (500 miles before I sold the bike).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oil Filter Cover Gasket - P/N 15412-KYJ-901

Drain Plug Washer - P/N 94109-12000

Oil Filter - P/N 15410-KYJ-901

Air Filter - P/N 17211-KYJ-900

Note: These part numbers are the same for all CBR250R, CBR300R, & CB300F models
Thanks MotoMike, you the man!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is a very old post, but does anyone know the part # for the drain bolt and sealing washer on the water pump?

I need to replace the coolant soon and all the Honda Powersport dealerships in my area are not taking any orders so I've got to find the part number and order online.

Thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
The schematic below shows the parts, and OEM part numbers. Part #s 20 and 24 should be what you're asking for. But verify before ordering. All reputable vendors will use the same OEM part numbers. You probably don't need it, but I also have a how-to video below. Mostly because... It's one of a series of videos involving the process of removing and rebuilding the CB300 engine. This guy did a great job making the videos informative and they really give a great look at the internal pieces of the engine.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I know this is a very old post, but does anyone know the part # for the drain bolt and sealing washer on the water pump?

I need to replace the coolant soon and all the Honda Powersport dealerships in my area are not taking any orders so I've got to find the part number and order online.

Thanks
Hi, its really easy to change the coolant. There is a youtube video about it. But you can use same bolt and washer after the task is complete. No need to replace the bolt/washer. I would rank it a 4 out of 10 in terms of difficulty. And an oil change is a 3 out of 10.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The schematic below shows the parts, and OEM part numbers. Part #s 20 and 24 should be what you're asking for. But verify before ordering. All reputable vendors will use the same OEM part numbers. You probably don't need it, but I also have a how-to video below. Mostly because... It's one of a series of videos involving the process of removing and rebuilding the CB300 engine. This guy did a great job making the videos informative and they really give a great look at the internal pieces of the engine.

Thank you very much. This is both my first motorcycle and my first time doing any sort of automotive maintenance. I bought all the tools and I am looking forward to learning how to do all of the basic maintenance during this quarantine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, its really easy to change the coolant. There is a youtube video about it. But you can use same bolt and washer after the task is complete. No need to replace the bolt/washer. I would rank it a 4 out of 10 in terms of difficulty. And an oil change is a 3 out of 10.
Thank you for the heads up. It seems like that is the general consensus however, because this is my first time doing any sort of maintenance and the bike is at a milestone of 25,000km, I figured I'd do everything by the book. I plan on changing the spark plug, oil and oil filter, air filter, coolant, brake fluid along with a check of the brake pads and chain. I don't know if I am confident with the valve inspection so I may leave that for the fall.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yes, just read the service manual instructions. Very important that you turn on the motorcycle and rev it up 2 or 3 times so get any air bubbles out. If any air bubbles left inside it will cause instrument panel to show OVERHEATING indication. I did mine perfect but my neighbor was doing his scooter and did not read instructions and his temperature dial was showing red zone. My next door neighbor is an idiot that refuses to read instruction manuals or to watch any tutorials on anything.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts