Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
I guess nothing in the leaked document mentions pricing? Does anyone know approximately when we can expect more specifications and information to release?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hate to burst your bubble, but the 300R is not "bigger" than the 250R... as far as Overall Length, Width, and Height specs between the two bikes, only the height is different, length and width are identical. The 250R is actually 5mm taller (this is per the 250R O/M & S/M specs) than the 300R, likely due to the mirror placement on the redesigned upper cowl of the 300r. Honda lists the wheelbase on the 300R as 10mm longer than the 250R, but in reality that measurement can and will vary depending on how tight or loose the drive chain tension is set.

The bottom line is that the rolling chassis of the two bikes are identical in every way. Ergonomics are the same. Which translates to the handling of the two bikes being the same. Which is a good thing, as the CBR250R is counted among the very best handling motorcycles on the market today.

However, one thing that remains to be seen is whether the Indian built CBR300R will achieve the same build quality as the bikes built in Thailand. Honda India needs to step up their game... it's no secret that the Thai manufactured CBR250R's were built to a higher overall quality level compared to that of the Indian CBR250R's, with better brakes, higher quality welding on the frames, etc.
This is why i've always been loving the stuff coming out of thailand...QUALITY bikes. The Grom's are built their and no one is having complaints about them

·
Registered
707 Posts
I would trust the ones built in Thailand also. They have been building bikes there for a while now. My friend that live abroad has a couple bikes over ther and mentioned that the quality is pretty high. Not sure if its because the main source of transportation is by motorcycles.
The Grom guys are LOVING their groms, I have yet to hear about an issue with them, and they're built in Thailand. IMO, Japan first, Thailand second....when it comes to build quality.

·
Registered
707 Posts
the 250 exhaust looks like it was taken out of a cereal box.
and to make matters worse the bike already looks dinky as it is, the exhaust they put on it didn't help at all. In person it looks worse. It's why i hesitated to get one, thank god for the CBR300!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts