Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm always one to be interested in tracking when I need to call it a season — whether it means garaging a summer-only car, installing snows, or, as is now the case, deciding to store the motorcycle. I bit the bullet Thursday (Oct. 14) and rode the SV down to the local Honda dealer (where I took my CB for warranty work -- their price was right and the urban location offers bus access to/from). It was low 50s* F that day, a high of 52 today, and temps at/below freezing in the forecast. Heated grips just wouldn't cut it :LOL:

I stored my CB300F outside over the winter (2x) underneath a heavy duty Dowco cover, fuel stabilized, battery removed, and snow kept knocked off. Bike always fired up first thing in the spring, no sweat, and didn't seem ill affected by the winter accommodations. The SV is just enough of a larger investment--plus they're known to corrode--that it's going indoors through the winters. Really feeling that lack of a garage, not being able to putter with it over winter.

I know a few folks are probably starting their summers, while others don't have seasons. Where are you all at, riding season-wise? 🏍

·
Registered
275 Posts
I live in the western foothills of NC. We get plenty of winter, but nothing compared to the winters in MN. As long as the roads are ice-free, I ride year round, bundled up best as I can. Heated grips work well here. Mostly, I don't dare park or store my bike... because at my age.. I never know when my next ride will be my last.. and I'm just not ready to accept that, yet. So, every pretty day is a good day to ride.:whistle:

·
Registered
2015 CBR300R
36 Posts
I live in the western foothills of NC. We get plenty of winter, but nothing compared to the winters in MN. As long as the roads are ice-free, I ride year round, bundled up best as I can. Heated grips work well here. Mostly, I don't dare park or store my bike... because at my age.. I never know when my next ride will be my last.. and I'm just not ready to accept that, yet. So, every pretty day is a good day to ride.:whistle:
Don't really have anything to say to the OP but +1 on NC woot woot! Central for me :D

·
Premium Member
5,373 Posts
We probably got a similar climate to NC down here in Southern NZ. I can still ride on a good clear day in mid winter as long as the suns been up a while. You wouldnt go out for long though lol. Global warming is helping though!

So yeah we are in spring weather at the mo and it's been pretty unsettled and cool mostly. This is the season we get most of our rain so not great for motorcycling...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts