Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those interested in a good quality, decent sized tail bag the OGIO Stealth fits really well on the CBR250R/300R/300F models.

Here's some pic's of the OGIO Stealth tail bag, mounted on my 2012 CBR250R...

Mounting straps joined together under the passenger seat with a climbing carabiner...

Overall, I've been very happy with this tail bag. It has the capacity to carry all the things one would need for full day rides, and even 2 or 3 day overnight rides.

The OGIO Stealth tail bag has a list price of about $80 USD (I paid $65 + tax at a local dealer a few years ago). I recently saw this tail bag on Amazon.com selling for $62 USD including shipping: Amazon.com: OGIO Tail Bag 110091.36: Automotive

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Looks convenient, useful, and tidy... I could probably use one.

·
Registered
295 Posts
That's something i'd definitely have on my list of storage options to get.
Don't want to go the top box route, a bag like this is likely what i'll end up with.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'd agree with the 4/5 stars. It looks functional and pretty slick. i still think it could look a bit nicer though. It's not the most stylish bag that I've ever seen.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd agree with the 4/5 stars. It looks functional and pretty slick. i still think it could look a bit nicer though. It's not the most stylish bag that I've ever seen.
Well, that's a matter of opinion... I looked at a number of different tail bags, and liked the OGIO Stealth a lot better than anything else I saw, even among bags that cost significantly more. In fact, over the past 3 years I've been riding with mine, I've been seeing a lot of other other riders with this tail bag on their bikes, so it certainly seems to be one of the more popular tail bags on the market. I've also noticed among members over on the CBR250.net site, of those who have tail bags, the majority have chosen the OGIO bag.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just got an Ogio Stealth. One reason I got that particular bag is because of this thread. I followed MotoMike's instructions and it fits my CBR300 perfectly.
Thanks for taking the time to take those pics, Mike. It made installation a snap!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been using this Ogio bag during work days. Prefer this to using a back pack.

I like that look. Were there any other components needed to mount the bag? I'm looking for a non permanent method of securely getting a bag on the bike (other than a personal backpack).

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I like that look. Were there any other components needed to mount the bag? I'm looking for a non permanent method of securely getting a bag on the bike (other than a personal backpack).

Thanks,

In the opening post of this thread, the 3rd photo shows an easy, non-permanent way to secure the mounting straps (included with the tail bag) under the passenger seat, using an inexpensive utility carabiner to join the ends of the straps together.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ogio Bag

Thanks,
No extra components needed. I open the back seat and put front straps under it and then click the seat back on then the rear straps under the mud guard. When I get to work I leave the front strap under seat and rear strap serves as a good way to carry bag over shoulder.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It has a rain cover, which is tucked into a zippered storage pocket on the forward end of the bag. The rain cover is sewn into the storage pocket, and has an elastic cord sewn into the bottom hem.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No extra components needed. I open the back seat and put front straps under it and then click the seat back on then the rear straps under the mud guard. When I get to work I leave the front strap under seat and rear strap serves as a good way to carry bag over shoulder.
So what are the ends of the front straps secured to under the seat?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi from Australia,

I have the same bag on my 300R, I mounted it by melting holes in the straps and putting the bolts for the seat with washers, and the grab handle bolts through them. Melting stopped them fraying.

Most I have squeezed in was. Kevlar Jeans with CE pads, my leather jacket, a 600ml drink bottle, reading glasses, phone, and wallet.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Thanks for the tip, MotoMike. In my case, I should be receiving the rear luggage rack soon, so I'll see how it all looks after that is installed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts