Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just crossed 3000 miles, ran into another leak.

Going to take it to the dealership this week. No idea when it started happening.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I would clean up that area and then as you continue to ride the bike, monitor that area to see if you can identify the source of the leak. Taking photos as you did is good, which you can then use as proof of the issue when you take in to the dealer.

Reactions: Fanatic

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
^ +1.

Clean that area, and try to pinpoint the location. See if the leak repeats to make sure it's not a fluke.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
That area is just above the front of the sprocket cover where there is a gap.
So my hunch is it's the usual culprit..... Chainlube! :laugh:

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's chain lube. Oil isn't that dark. It's coming up between the plastic cover and the steel engine. I have the same "leak" it started 3 days after I oiled my chain.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I don't know, it could be chain lube, but then again the law of gravity would say that chain lube isn't going travel up the case like that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Capillary action. There are no seams there and there is no trail from one.Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know it's hard to tell, but there is some fluid up at the very top left corner of the first photo. I feel like that rules out chain lube, even though it was recently lubricated. Cleaned the area off and will ride on it a little more. Likely pop into the dealership tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts