Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok whats the limts of these irc road winner rx 01 iv heard good n bad reviews i want to here other riders opinion and i do alot of spirited rides in the twists im not to keen on pushing them

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't mind them. Even after they wore out, I replaced them with stock. They last forever. For street riding I think they are OK. I also rode on Ortega highway (twisty) and honestly went faster on both my old CBR250R and the 300 than my old GSXR. I do have problems in the wet or when it is extremely cold out. They get slippy. I take it easy. If tires weren't so expensive and I could put them on myself, I would get other sticky rubber, but for a majority of street and back road riding, the IRCs are great. Probably not a popular opinion :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iv pushed them hard on 38°c day going home from work they work really good when really hot but iv had same problem in the cold they slip around a bit i really want to get diablo rossa 2 tyres but funds havent been there since moving house iv had them kick out sideways under heavy braking but abs took control thank god lol

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Like the rim tape, nice and subtle.
Ive done 12k on the Road winners, on my 250R & now the 300. A mix of touring, sports riding and track days.
I think they are actually really good value for money and perform pretty decently for a stock tire. Once warm you can push them with confidence and I've had them 'ball up' on the sides at a track day when pushed hard with out letting go.
Obviously they are designed to give reasonable milage so they're never gonna be a super sticky soft compound tire, hence the tendency when cold/wet to slip a little.
Having said all of that I do have a set of Michelin PSR's in the cupboard waiting to be fitted once the IRC's are stuffed! I'm curious to try out a radial tire on the 300. But if I was strapped for cash I would buy another set of IRC's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man i just found out today my stock tyres are not the average rx 01 they are the rx 01 spec r i read on irc website that they are designed for more aggressive rideing so out of curiosity i road my my mates 250r with rx 01 on it my tyres can be pushed alot harder

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
As a new rider with a little over 2k miles on the stock tires so far, I've been satisfied. It may be a long while but I plan on replacing with same rubber when it's time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts