Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last! My bike is booked in for next Thursday, 27th October.

I rang the dealer again this morning because they had again failed to return my calls. This time I got through, but then the fibs started. The last time I spoke to somebody there, he said one batch of cranks had been received - that was three weeks ago. This morning, another guy said the first batch had "just arrived". Yeah, right.

Still, I'm happy at least to have an end in sight and perhaps time to get a ride or two in before the weather gets too hot :)
JNO go buy a Yamaha, my dealer is 100% better than the Honda one I brought my CBR300R from.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
JNO go buy a Yamaha, my dealer is 100% better than the Honda one I brought my CBR300R from.
I looked at all the small bikes when I decided to buy the Honda. If I lose faith in the bike and sell it, I don't think I'll bother replacing it. I've done around 1000kms in over a year, so that tells me something.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at all the small bikes when I decided to buy the Honda. If I lose faith in the bike and sell it, I don't think I'll bother replacing it. I've done around 1000kms in over a year, so that tells me something.
JNO there is nothing wrong with being a social rider, you don't have to do marathon rides to enjoy motorcycling. I gave up riding about 15 years ago for 4 years, but missed to fresh air, freedom and queing traffic. So sctratched the itch and brought another one to do up, then kept on dong it with a number of bikes until I ended up buying a new one. It's always worth keeping one in the garage/shed.

·
Registered
447 Posts
These small bikes make great utility bikes. That's how I use mine. The gym I go to every day is 1 mile from home and there's a large shopping center 1 mile in a different direction and I ride my bike over to both those areas every day. Even though that doesn't rack up the miles, it makes for great fun and very cheap transportation. I ride every day but usually not too far. I keep hearing how that can drain a battery, but I've never had that problem. Once I hooked up a battery tender after a couple of days of rain where I didn't ride, and just as I suspected, the charging mode went to fully charged after about a minute, so the battery was fine even with all my short trips.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny, i bought a honda partly because i didnt like my yamaha service dept.
Ace
I suppose it is the luck of the draw really with dealers, I wasn't impressed with my local Honda Dealer, also their other shop (next door) sells Yams, Suzuki's, Triumph, Ducati, Ktm's. I went to a Yamaha only dealer 36 miles away who are the oldest in the UK. A family firm with great customer care who I brought bikes from way back in the 70's when his father was the owner. As they say "lessons learnt" when the dealer is multi franchised, I won't list the problems when my CBR came back after the 1st service, but would never deal with them ever again.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeh, ive had varying levels of service from honda dealers as well. That said, after this recall work and bikes out of warranty i should have no need to take it to them and i can do work thats required myself.

Think ill buy second hand next time then the only person i can blame if substandard work is done on my bike is myself ;)

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
This is off topic kind of, but if anyone is interested in trading up their 300 for a 600rr? better hurry up and do it. I see they are discontinuing the 600rr. Yamaha r6 is getting a new design and is supposedly going to be the class leading bike in the 600cc superbike slot. Sad, but Honda stated it was due to dismal sales in the 600 class

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is off topic kind of, but if anyone is interested in trading up their 300 for a 600rr? better hurry up and do it. I see they are discontinuing the 600rr. Yamaha r6 is getting a new design and is supposedly going to be the class leading bike in the 600cc superbike slot. Sad, but Honda stated it was due to dismal sales in the 600 class
Mikal: Over here people have gone away from pocket rockets/sports bikes and generally go for street/touring bikes nowadays. I have done the same as find it far more comfortable.

Reactions: mikal

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Mikal: Over here people have gone away from pocket rockets/sports bikes and generally go for street/touring bikes nowadays. I have done the same as find it far more comfortable.
When I was originally looking for a bike that is what I wanted..a cruiser/touring bike. But they were all so big and being my first bike I wasn't ready or comfortable getting such a heavy bike. I really wanted it so I could travel the Country

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I was originally looking for a bike that is what I wanted..a cruiser/touring bike. But they were all so big and being my first bike I wasn't ready or comfortable getting such a heavy bike. I really wanted it so I could travel the Country
If you are going to do long trips then a 500cc + would be best, try MT07/ CBF/ NC/ GS etc etc and see. I have done a 384 mile round trip on mine and far better/more comfotable than a sports bike, I have a pair of SW Motech sports soft side panniers which I swapped over from my CBR to the MT03, just had to get 4- 8mm x 70mm stainless steel socket head bolts/nyloc nuts to fit the brackets on the rear footrest brackets.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts