Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 300r will let you downshift if it would be an over rev? Will the synchros lock you out? I'm talking like [email protected] to first. Also does this have a slipper clutch? That would save it I'd think?

Problem is I was coming into a turn too fast and I thought I was in 3rd, turned out to be 2nd. So it dumped into first and the rpm's shot up to 8,000. It didn't lock the rear tire at all, and I pulled the clutch in instantly.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't believe there is a slipper clutch. I definitely chirped the back wheel once or twice by accidentally downshifting too early when I was first getting used to the bike.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Definitely not a slipper clutch so new riders have to be careful not to downshift into 1st going 30 mph thinking they are dropping down to 3rd or the rear wheel will definitely lock up for a second or so. In a turn, that might be enough to drop the bike.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Bike isn't technical enough to do something like that, will definitely not match rev's. YOU have to pilot that baby yourself. As for slipper clutch, they alone are like 900$, no way Honda could get that into a $4000 bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts