Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

New rider here. The CB300F is my first bike and I am thrilled. However, I have to make a complaint here. Honda needs to make a pdf version of the Owner's Manual available. I unfortunately lost mine; I had put it in the seat trunk after riding(along with my temp insurance car and riding tips booklet) and it went missing after that(only the owner's manual nothing else thankfully!).

I've called my dealer to inquire about a replacement. They've called Honda and two companies that supposedly supply the manual but have not been able to identify which company is the actual supplier.

All of this aggravation could easily be avoided if the Owner's manual were available online. I just bought my bike Monday so I did not even get a chance to read through it. The other thing is I don't have any friends with bikes so I don't have someone I can ask for advice on operating/maintaining my CB300F. If anyone in Ohio has a copy of the Owner's manual for a 2015 CB300F, please respond. I would very much like to scan and or take pictures of the manual for my own reference. I am lost without it!

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Hello everyone!

New rider here. The CB300F is my first bike and I am thrilled. However, I have to make a complaint here. Honda needs to make a pdf version of the Owner's Manual available. I unfortunately lost mine; I had put it in the seat trunk after riding(along with my temp insurance car and riding tips booklet) and it went missing after that(only the owner's manual nothing else thankfully!).

I've called my dealer to inquire about a replacement. They've called Honda and two companies that supposedly supply the manual but have not been able to identify which company is the actual supplier.

All of this aggravation could easily be avoided if the Owner's manual were available online. I just bought my bike Monday so I did not even get a chance to read through it. The other thing is I don't have any friends with bikes so I don't have someone I can ask for advice on operating/maintaining my CB300F. If anyone in Ohio has a copy of the Owner's manual for a 2015 CB300F, please respond. I would very much like to scan and or take pictures of the manual for my own reference. I am lost without it!
The name of the company which publishes all of Honda's Owner's and Service Manuals in the U.S. is Helm Inc. I'm surprised your dealer doesn't know this... they should. :confused:

Call or e-mail them, and I'm sure they can hook you up with a replacement owner's manual... Helm Incorporated: Contact Helm Inc.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I tried calling them. They said they do not make the owner's manual for the 2015 Honda CB300F.
Call the American Honda Motor Co. customer service center @ (866) 784-1870... when you call, have your bike's VIN number ready, as they will ask you for that.

In your opening post you said "I had put it in the seat trunk after riding(along with my temp insurance car and riding tips booklet) and it went missing after that(only the owner's manual nothing else thankfully!)".

I'm still not understanding how the O/M just disappeared? Was it a case of not having the passenger seat latched down properly, and someone stole the O/M?

BTW, there's really no reason to carry your Owner's Manual on the bike... it's not likely that you'll be doing any routine maintenance that the O/M will help with on the side of the road. And on a bike with EFI, you'd need the factory Service Manual to perform anything in the way of serious repairs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you manage to get a pdf, consider posting it here. I sent Honda Motorcycles a tweet asking for a pdf version, and they ignored it. It's ridiculous not to have one on their site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the people at the dealership might have been incompetent. I called American Honda Motor and requested a copy of the manual. I received it in a week's time. The old adage holds true: "You want something done right you gotta do it yourself."

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I think the people at the dealership might have been incompetent. I called American Honda Motor and requested a copy of the manual. I received it in a week's time. The old adage holds true: "You want something done right you gotta do it yourself."
Glad to hear that Honda is sending you a replacement.

Still not understanding how your original O/M went missing?

·
Registered
101 Posts
My owners manual is in Thai which would be great if I could read it.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
My owners manual is in Thai which would be great if I could read it.
Yeah, I could see that as being a bit of a problem. Are you originally from the US, or UK? Over on the CBR250.net site there are quite a few members who are US or UK ex-pat's living in Thailand... so I'm just curious, what's the big draw to Thailand?

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Here in Canada our owners manual comes in French and English so we got 2 set of manuals here.
Philip.
Must be why these bikes cost more in Canada than they do in the US. ;)

Did your bike come with the full tool kit, or did you just get the hex key (or Allen wrench) & helmet lock cable like the US bikes get?

From what I understand, some other countries get the full tool kit.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Australasian models get the full kit including the elusive rear shock spring pre-load adjusting spanner.
However the tools are of such nasty quality that I would use them on my bike anyways. :laugh:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Are you originally from the US, or UK? ... so I'm just curious, what's the big draw to Thailand?
Canada, but same thing.

I've been here 6 years. You know, one day I was at work and I was thinking "This is bullshit." I busted my ass to pay the rent, car payments, crazy mobile phone rates, cable TV and everything else. At the end of the month I had nothing left. Rinse, repeat.

So during that fine day at work I got up mid-shift and quit. Went home and signed up for a TEFL (4 week teacher training) course and started to sell everything I owned. 5 weeks after quitting my job I landed in Bangkok on a one way ticket with about $4k and one bag. I had never been over seas. When I quit my job I didn't have a passport.

So the draw for me was that I wasn't a slave to the corporations anymore. I just happened to choose here because my friend just came back from a 6 month trip and loved it. I was planning to travel but BKK was so great I never left.

Fast forward to today I have everything better than I did in Canada. I can afford to buy new motorcycles. I have a (rented) condo along the river which is sorta nice. I get 4 months holiday every year (holy ****!) It's 30-34 degrees and sunny every day.

There's plenty of reasons people come here but that's my story.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Have been there three times now on various holidays, once as part of a motorcycle tour. I can see the appeal, good on you for changing your life for the better rather than doing the ground hog day thing.
I do find the heat a bit much for me tho coming from the coldest part of New Zealand (45 degrees South) :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Must be why these bikes cost more in Canada than they do in the US. ;)

Did your bike come with the full tool kit, or did you just get the hex key (or Allen wrench) & helmet lock cable like the US bikes get?

From what I understand, some other countries get the full tool kit.
It did does comes with everything as well. i wonder if the high price because of the abs breaks? correct me if im wrong in the states cb300f doesn't come with abs right? but im not sure and your American $ is much higher than us anyway.

to the thread starter there is a manual selling in ebay.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
It did does comes with everything as well. i wonder if the high price because of the abs breaks? correct me if im wrong in the states cb300f doesn't come with abs right? but im not sure and your American $ is much higher than us anyway.
I meant that in general most new motorcycles seem to cost more in Canada than in the US, even back when the USD and CAD exchange rate was close to being 1:1. Possibly due to the Canadian Government imposing higher customs taxes on imports than what the US does, but that's just a guess.

BTW, it's brakes, not breaks. Motorcycle brakes are a good thing. Motorcycle breaks... no one wants that. :eek:

... to the thread starter there is a manual selling in ebay.
American Honda already sent him a new O/M to replace the one he lost.

·
Registered
30 Posts
over looked that one. :) And yes it is just not motorcycle i think most of the stuff here is expensive compare there in the states.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts