Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CBR300R (Black/Red)
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please.

I added the dobeck ejk to my 300r today. Unplugged and blocked the o2 sensor. But did not plug the pair valve. Is it neccessary to plug the pair valve? I just want to make sure I get the most out of my ejk. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2015 CBR300R
36 Posts
I would go ahead and block it off. I got some rubber thing from the auto parts store and used it on the valve nipple and put my hose on it. I don't know how detrimental it is not to do it but since you're already in there and they recommend it I would. Also love my EJK awesome product

·
Registered
2019 CBR300R (Black/Red)
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would go ahead and block it off. I got some rubber thing from the auto parts store and used it on the valve nipple and put my hose on it. I don't know how detrimental it is not to do it but since you're already in there and they recommend it I would. Also love my EJK awesome product
Which hose is it? Is it the 4 inch hose on the left side of the bike right behind the airbox going down to the engine? Or is it under the tank?

·
Registered
2015 CBR300R
36 Posts
If you're sitting on the bike it's on the left side. It's a hose coming right out towards the motor and immediately goes into this black thing which is the pair valve that's also attached to the air box. I'll take a picture when I get home and get my furniture in if I can see it. I think they have a video somewhere as well, it's a 500r but it's the same looking valve.

·
Registered
2019 CBR300R (Black/Red)
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're sitting on the bike it's on the left side. It's a hose coming right out towards the motor and immediately goes into this black thing which is the pair valve that's also attached to the air box. I'll take a picture when I get home and get my furniture in if I can see it. I think they have a video somewhere as well, it's a 500r but it's the same looking valve.
Thank you bro. I'm almost positive I know which one. I was just hesitant yesterday in fear of plugging the wrong thing. Much much appreciated!

·
Registered
2019 CBR300R (Black/Red)
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey man no problem! Enjoy the ejk I put mine on with a kn filter and a slip on and absolutely love it! Completely woke up the bike.
Hey mike!
Sorry to bother you again. I blocked the pair valve. Went on a ride just now on the freeway to see top speed. (Still 100mph. But a lot smoother across all gears) my question is did you or anyone else get a check engine light on after ejk install/pair valve block? Mine came on and idk y.

·
Registered
2015 CBR300R
36 Posts
Hey mike!
Sorry to bother you again. I blocked the pair valve. Went on a ride just now on the freeway to see top speed. (Still 100mph. But a lot smoother across all gears) my question is did you or anyone else get a check engine light on after ejk install/pair valve block? Mine came on and idk y.
Hey no problem. I did not get any check engine or read about anyone else. Did you unplug the pair valve? I know I left mine plugged in and don't really know if it makes a difference. Have you tried reading the code? I'm not sure how to do that though

·
Premium Member
5,373 Posts
The pair valve makes no difference to performance, it's for cleaner exhaust emissions post the combustion chamber process.

·
Registered
2019 CBR300R (Black/Red)
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not sure how to read codes on a bike. Just cars. I took off the pair valve hose yesterday, Plugged it with a 10mm bolt then put it back on. Yesterdays ride no problem. But I thought I would take a QUICK freeway ride to see how she felt post ejk at top speed. First 10min was fine. Then I turned around and pinned it, got up to 100mph. Then the yellow light came on. So I stopped at a gas station and turned her off n let her sit for 10min. Posted on here. And when I turned her back on no light. Rode 10 more min and still no light. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it.
Thanks for y'alls help. I never even knew or though about motorcycle forums until I bought a bike n came across this one.

·
Premium Member
5,373 Posts
I'm not sure how to read codes on a bike. Just cars. I took off the pair valve hose yesterday, Plugged it with a 10mm bolt then put it back on. Yesterdays ride no problem. But I thought I would take a QUICK freeway ride to see how she felt post ejk at top speed. First 10min was fine. Then I turned around and pinned it, got up to 100mph. Then the yellow light came on. So I stopped at a gas station and turned her off n let her sit for 10min. Posted on here. And when I turned her back on no light. Rode 10 more min and still no light. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it.
Thanks for y'alls help. I never even knew or though about motorcycle forums until I bought a bike n came across this one.
Yeah there's a whole bunch of us out here with nothing better to do then waffle about bikes lol.
If the light bugs you then you can plug the electrical side of the system (the purge valve) back in and just remove the hoses and keep the holes plugged where they came off of.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts