Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Havn't posted in a long time since I reviewed my repsol, I got a new akrapovic slip on now though so I'll have to show that off later. Anyways I'd like to ask about the rear passenger grab handles....I want it OFF I cannot stand it but I don't want to change the whole rear cowl just to get the extra plugs that comes with it since I pillion sometimes and the rear seat cowl wouldn't be designed for that even though it has a small seat on it.

Anyway I can get these yet? I could just take them off but then i'll have a freaking gap in my seat.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Agreed, I take mine off except when carrying luggage as the back of my bag rests on them. I'm a bit of a 'lighter is faster' nut tho and they weigh 2 pounds together.
I too have been trying to think of something to plug the gaps that would look stylish. As yet I've drawn a blank. I do have access to a full workshop tho with my job. You can get mirror blanks so maybe someone in time will make a pillion grab blank? Doubt it tho.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bro, I've ordered a pair of these plugs (Unpainted) but im sure you can get them coated yourself for your specified color, I can get it for a decent price out here in thailand and can ship you out one but The shipping cost would cost abit if they weigh too much. Check my other thread and you will see what i mean! :) Called "What our tails would look like"

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Passenger Handle bars GONE!

My plugs have finally Arrived today not yet painted so please excuse the color cordinations but Somehow it goes with the repsol tail stripe scheme if I'm honest so let me know if I should spray it white or keep it black!

These plugs fit perfectly they weigh 4x less the stock and look a tun nicer if you're into a clean tail look. No trouble fitting however I found that If I tighten the top bolt before the bottom it will keep it nice and straight and aligned with the rear plastics.

Please remember to give me advice if I should paint it white (professionally painted obviously) Or keep it black so it goes with the side stripe.

my Next Mod list will be the full fender eliminator that I can buy out here in thailand to get rid of everything on that tail, I'll have to buy LED turn signals and mod them on myself with re-wiring. Can't go without turn signals!

P.S : I'm thinking I should paint it white but the black does go with a few black stock parts on the bike with the repsol edition one but Idk I need opinions!

I've looked everywhere for people to sell these but can't find anyone except having these custom made which I was lucky enough to find someone who gets these for his shop. Living in Thailand does give some perks with this model of cbr ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd keep them black.

You can also get turn signals integrated into the tail light. Much cleaner.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could perhaps order a few of these in if people are interested but I'm not too sure how I'd deal with payment and shipment cost. It'll cost me around £15 for postage abroad which takes 3-6 days or so.(I think) they wont be painted though, original colours are all black i think. the guy I order it from only does bank transfer but everything went smooth and I got it in 3 days, perhaps if I do get these for people it'll be through paypal which is alot safer i guess. (I dont know why thai people feel so safe about a bank transfer!)

So if anyone is seriously interested please tell me as I can help out i guess

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
" my Next Mod list will be the full fender eliminator that I can buy out here in thailand to get rid of everything on that tail, I'll have to buy LED turn signals and mod them on myself with re-wiring. Can't go without turn signals! "

did you see the pic of my bike ?

all parts from K-Speed for a full fender eliminator

http://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/honda-cb300f-pictures/1241-cb300f-pictures-3.html
Yes mate, It looks very nice But as I would be spending a good $65-70 on the fender eliminator kit, I can buy this.

Spend an extra 200-300 baht and get some small Led lights drilled and put into place just under the tail as I will show in the next few pictures. All in all it will cost me around $80 to fully get rid of the huge fender + Fit a plate holder+custom turn signals on it. Here are a few examples. I recently made a post on this so I'm not sure if you've seen it before.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I never saw those pics before, look good also :)

Where can I order the plugs and those red mirrors on the last pic ?

Thanx

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
They look great, i'd keep em black. Nice lines esp, once you get your fender eliminator.
Love the repsol colors, YES i can see there are some perks to living in Thailand!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts