Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to over 15 dealerships in the last 2 days and it has come to 2 dealerships, I'm currently based in thailand where this bike has just been released with 4 colour choices but I've made up my mind about the repsol as there isn't many of them around here so it'll be unique for awhile.

Now my questions is about aftermarket parts and addons.

First things first is Exhausts, what aftermarket or akrapovic exhaust will be able to fit the 300r? Stock exhaust looks very unattractive (my opinion) so I want it gone.

2nd is the rear seat cowl, will honda make one soon or will we just have to take a shot at aftermarket companies? I also dislike that pillion handlebars thing on the rear seats (Do not know the technical name for it) so will they have a clip to fill that spot like the cbr500r does?

this is really the main things I'd like answers to if any of you have already gotten this bike.

It would be great if I had some informative replys.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I don't think that there is a specific aftermarket exhaust for the CBR 300 yet, but people seem to agree that the exhausts for the CBR250 will work just fine. I'd get confirmation first, but I think all the measurements should be the same.

And I agree that the stock exhaust isn't the prettiest thing around.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Its not just fitting the new pipe its the desin of the new pipe. I'd be a bit leery of using a 250 pipe on the 300 as the 250 pipes were designed for the 250s... Unless you're just talking a slip for cosmetics, but I am of the opinion that if you're going to change something at least change it to be functionally better :D

New pipes will show up there before here likely though...

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
... Now my questions is about aftermarket parts and addons.

First things first is Exhausts, what aftermarket or akrapovic exhaust will be able to fit the 300r? Stock exhaust looks very unattractive (my opinion) so I want it gone...
Since the 300R is just beginning to be released (it's due out in August for North American Honda dealers), there isn't much in the way of info from the aftermarket exhaust companies yet regarding products for the 300R. That said, the differences between the 300R and its predecessor, the 250R, are so small that I'm fairly certain that any exhaust made for the 250R will work just fine on the 300R. I think it's very likely that companies like FMF, Akrapovic, Two Brothers, Yoshimura and the rest won't have to do anything to make their existing 250R exhausts suitable for use on the 300R. When you look closely at the details and differences between the wide range of 250R exhaust designs from all these companies, you can see that there is no real 'standard' design... they are all very different, yet they all work on the bike. Some are louder than others (a function of length, as well as packing material and core design), just as some are constructed of better, more robust materials than others. The point is that exhausts for a single cylinder four stroke like the Honda CBR250R/300R has, can vary a lot in terms of design... it's not nearly as critical as designing an exhaust system for a two stroke motorcycle, where even the smallest, most subtle changes can really effect the power characteristics of the motor.

I believe that, like with many other things, when it comes to motorcycle exhausts you tend to get what you pay for... a lot of people who have bought the cheap $200 exhausts (Leo Vince, Delavic, etc.) for their 250R's found that out the hard way. I myself have been running an FMF Apex Carbon Fiber slip on on my CBR250R for the past 10,000 miles, and have had no problems or issues whatsoever. Akrapovic is another top name in motorcycle exhausts, and from what I've heard, Akrapovic owners are happy with them.

... 2nd is the rear seat cowl, will honda make one soon or will we just have to take a shot at aftermarket companies? I also dislike that pillion handlebars thing on the rear seats (Do not know the technical name for it) so will they have a clip to fill that spot like the cbr500r does?...
IMO, the rear seat cowl that Honda came out with for the 250R looks cheap (although not cheap in terms of price). The better looking rear cowls have been coming out of the sport bike aftermarket companies in Thailand... I'm sure that they will be available for the 300R soon. Also, the rear cowls that they made for the CBR250R were available in a version to delete the passenger handles... i would imagine they will offer the same option for the CBR300R.

Reactions: 300r

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you so much for all your replies guys, it was very helpfull. I guess only time will show, I'll try and see if the dimensions of the 250s slip on would fit the 300r before I make a purchase, But I'm glad to say I've picked the 300r up last week for around 140,000 Thai baht full payment which is exactly $4315. Got about 40,000 baht off if you pay the full instalments so i'm glad that I got that done instead of the normal monthly deals.

Here it is. In the flesh, rides smooth very light to handle I'm around 5'6 and can put almost the ball of my feet on the floor, Just going to order some essentials for this bike such as tank protectors ect.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this is very true

at least there's one guy here with a 300r.
I will definitely make a review video very soon once I've gotten atleast 300km on the clock, still getting used to the bike, but at the moment it's riding great, 6th gear overtake is actually pretty good and still torque-y, loving this bike so far! looking forward to more future owners :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
whats the powerband like? There's no dyno sheets available as of yet (at least that I could find) the 250 sheets seem to indicate that you had to wring its neck to get anything significant out of it...

·
Registered
707 Posts
I will definitely make a review video very soon once I've gotten atleast 300km on the clock, still getting used to the bike, but at the moment it's riding great, 6th gear overtake is actually pretty good and still torque-y, loving this bike so far! looking forward to more future owners :)
Awesome, that will be greatly appreciated by many here.

Have you decided when you're going to do your first oil change as yet?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First oil change was recommended by Honda at 1000 Km But i'd probs do it after the 600km break in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The rear seat looks like the CBR125r, 150r, and 250r. That's just from the photo. If you can get the bike beside a 250r and compare the seats you can determine if the cowls that fit the other models will also fit the 300.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a Yoshimura slp on exhaust specifically designed for the 300r. Sounds great and couldn't be happier with the performance. Purchased on EBay for $340.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts