Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

Picking up my repsol edition 300r in 4-5 days NEED SOME QUESTIONS ANSWERED

7K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Gdaddy197 
#1 ·
Went to over 15 dealerships in the last 2 days and it has come to 2 dealerships, I'm currently based in thailand where this bike has just been released with 4 colour choices but I've made up my mind about the repsol as there isn't many of them around here so it'll be unique for awhile.

Now my questions is about aftermarket parts and addons.

First things first is Exhausts, what aftermarket or akrapovic exhaust will be able to fit the 300r? Stock exhaust looks very unattractive (my opinion) so I want it gone.

2nd is the rear seat cowl, will honda make one soon or will we just have to take a shot at aftermarket companies? I also dislike that pillion handlebars thing on the rear seats (Do not know the technical name for it) so will they have a clip to fill that spot like the cbr500r does?

this is really the main things I'd like answers to if any of you have already gotten this bike.

It would be great if I had some informative replys.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Thank you so much for all your replies guys, it was very helpfull. I guess only time will show, I'll try and see if the dimensions of the 250s slip on would fit the 300r before I make a purchase, But I'm glad to say I've picked the 300r up last week for around 140,000 Thai baht full payment which is exactly $4315. Got about 40,000 baht off if you pay the full instalments so i'm glad that I got that done instead of the normal monthly deals.

Here it is. In the flesh, rides smooth very light to handle I'm around 5'6 and can put almost the ball of my feet on the floor, Just going to order some essentials for this bike such as tank protectors ect.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
this is very true

at least there's one guy here with a 300r.
I will definitely make a review video very soon once I've gotten atleast 300km on the clock, still getting used to the bike, but at the moment it's riding great, 6th gear overtake is actually pretty good and still torque-y, loving this bike so far! looking forward to more future owners :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.