Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on startup the bar with speed, fuel, temp etc
was a solid pink or light red..
never seen this before on this or cbr250r..
dont recall other unusual warning lights etc..
[night but] looked down to see oil but low..
rode home 10 - 15mins taking it easy..
stayed pink/red, and when switched on again..
[1 temp bar after start, two more on way
home, after 90mins since last ride]
checked oil again once secured etc,
oil there, if low..

checked owners manual, nothing
in obvious sections..

anyone recognise this pink backlight ?

·
Super Moderator
3,001 Posts
Like this?...

The 250R instrument came with a Blue colored backlight...

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mike,, so this is what, normal colour
but i perceive it as grey in daylight [?]

after going thru manual and mentioning it to
no1 son [hondaman] the 'red alert' subsided,
especially as it started up grey before and after
this mornings run into yoga and back..

curious now tho, as to where that pink/red
lies, in the light or in brains visual center
and/or relative to dark/light - day/night...

·
Super Moderator
3,001 Posts
The CBR250R's Blue backlighting is also not visible in daylight, it too appears grey.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
checking for night blindness etc info came across
this very,, in-depth article with numerous references
to specifics etc, which seems to imply that red/blue
do have certain potentials relative to potentials for
recovering night sight, or not, etc..
for anyone interested with a few days to spare;
Night Vision - The Red Myth

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I have great difficulty reading red illuminated letters and numbers on dashboards when it's dark. I can't seem to focus.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
I have great difficulty reading red illuminated letters and numbers on dashboards when it's dark. I can't seem to focus.
Is their nothing in the manual to adjust the dash lights to brighten them? As sold mine I can't check - sorry.

·
Super Moderator
3,001 Posts
Unlike most cars, there is no dimming adjustment on the CBR's... not sure if there are other motorcycles which have this feature.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Unlike most cars, there is no dimming adjustment on the CBR's... not sure if there are other motorcycles which have this feature.
My MT 03 only has the gear shift indicator light that can be brightened, you can also set it between 7000rpm to max 13500rpm at each 500rpm. Although it also tells you what gear you are in I generally only change by the sound of the engine, but a nice gizmo to have.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The tint is just a tinted screen applied to the glass of your console from inside. The LEDs inside are all white. There's a blue tint over the 250R's speedometer display area that gives it the blue appearance. Pretty sure its the same for the 300R with a red screen in that place.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Is their nothing in the manual to adjust the dash lights to brighten them? As sold mine I can't check - sorry.
It's not a problem on the bike as I never ride in the dark. I've noticed this problem in some cars that use red numerals for instruments. I wear glasses for both 'seeing' and reading, so it's probably part of my vision issue.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
It's not a problem on the bike as I never ride in the dark. I've noticed this problem in some cars that use red numerals for instruments. I wear glasses for both 'seeing' and reading, so it's probably part of my vision issue.
I wear glasses for both as well and find some colours hard to see as well a night. I also hate the bright ring around street lights due to the start of cateracts in my eyes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts