Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there,

I’ve got a 2017 CBR300R (@10500 km ; purchased brand new in February 2018) and it has now worryingly shut down twice in the past 2 weeks while riding and it has refused to start back up afterwards.

First instance:
Was stopped to make a right turn and midway through the turn the bike shut down through the turn. I had to pull over on to the shoulder and tried starting back up. At the time I thought my finger had hit the emergency shut off. After trying to start up for a minute or two I was successful and made it back home.

Second instance (today):

Was finishing up a 20 minute/25 minute ride and slowing down to get into the parking lot after making a left turn when the bike shut down suddenly but did make it into the stall Tried starting it up again and it refused to do so. I noticed a strange whirring sound while trying to start that I have heard a couple of times in the past two years. Bike still wouldn’t start unlike the last time. Ignition switch seems to be completely nonfunctional. Hopefully it starts up again when I have to go home in few hours.

I’m suspecting an electrical issue but would appreciate any input as this is my first bike and I’m not very experienced in technical issues at all and don’t want to be ripped off by a mechanic If need be.

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, any updates on your issue? Does it turn over or it doesn't even do that? could be a fuel line issue or dirty spark plug.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Do a visual inspection of everything fuel and electrical related first. You might pick up on something. if not then you need to ascertain whether it’s a fuel or an electrical issue. Best to take it to shop for this if you are not mechanical inclined.
There’s so many possibilities of what it may be that it’s beyond the scope of a simple reply in a post.

One thing I would offer though is to first check the condition of your battery and the connections. If in doubt get an auto electrician to load test the battery. So often issues are battery related.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts