Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to remove the rear reflector as shown in the image. I found an LED light of similar size that I want to replace it with. When I looked behind and under the seat, it appears there is a inner fender which is blocking the screws. If I had all afternoon, I would mess about in there but, looking for someone that's already done this. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Want to remove the rear reflector as shown in the image. I found an LED light of similar size that I want to replace it with. When I looked behind and under the seat, it appears there is a inner fender which is blocking the screws. If I had all afternoon, I would mess about in there but, looking for someone that's already done this. Any ideas?
I have taken off this reflector, but I did it when I got a fender eliminator and the fender was already off the bike. I believe you're going to have to get behind the fender because there are some screws that you can't access from the outside.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Yep, remove the whole item and replace with fender eliminator :laugh:

That's not very helpful I know...

·
Registered
30 Posts
The way i think you can do this is to heat gun that part and hopefully its on double adhesive tape then peel it off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Removing Rear lower cover

Honda made it real easy to get to the rear wiring on these bikes because that's were the "data link connector" is. (On cbr250r). The 300 DLC may not be in the same spot but that don't matter because we are not interested in it.

Underneath the tail end is a plastic cover about 10" long that has two plastic push rivets holding it on. These are the inner rivets. There are two outer rivets for the bodywork. leave them alone. Push the center of the push rivets in, then they can be removed by prying them out. Pull the cover down and forward.

The reflector is bolted on with one 10mm nut.

If you go to "house of honda parts" click on oem m/c parts, then year, model, and rear fender, you will see a exploded parts diagram that will be very helpful.

I ordered one of these last week, so I'm waiting for that slow boat from China.

They show two of these on ebay, a clear one for the cbr250, and a red one for custom harleys. I ordered the red one. They are both the same size.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As a sort of related question, my father used to talk about 'gutting' the mufflers in the old school bikes he rode (early 50s?). Can you do that to the OEM muffler on the bike?

Just sort of wondering...

Bart

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Well it depends on where you live and what laws govern such alterations. I hear that California is quite "sticky" on emission laws...

Also it would be far easier (I think/I could be wrong) just to purchase a slip on muffler or canister as some people call it. Replace the original muffler and keep it to sell with the bike later if you wish to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts