Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello CBR300forum members,

I've been having to move quite a few threads lately from the General Discussion forum to the other topic specific forums. Also, I've been finding new threads being started on topics that already have existing threads, which I then end up merging the new thread into the older one.

This takes time to do, and so I'm looking for forum members to help me out in minimizing the number of threads that I'm having to move and merge.

So here is my request:

Before starting a new thread topic in the General Discussion forum, ask yourself if the topic or subject of your thread would fit into one of the topic specific forums... if the answer is yes, this new thread would be a better fit in one of the other forums, please post your thread in that forum rather than in the General Discussion forum.

As for the existing threads, please look through the various forums to see if there is a thread already existing on your topic or subject... if there is a thread that has already been started on that topic, please add your post to that thread rather than starting a new thread. For example, there are several existing threads in the Appearance & Body forum which pertain to the topic of Aftermarket Exhausts, so obviously those threads can be added to with new comments and questions, rather than starting new threads on the same topic.

Your help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

~ Mike

Moderator Staff
CBR300forum.com

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bumped to the top for those members who may not have read this thread yet.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To The Top

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I moved a bunch of new threads yet again, from the General Discussion forum into their appropriate topic specific forums... come on guys, it's not that hard to take a minute or two before you start a new thread and look at the other forums to see if your thread is a better fit in one of those other forums. The General Discussion forums should be used for thread topics that are general in nature, and which don't fit in one of the other forums.

Thanks,

Mike

Moderator, CBR300forum.com

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I moved a bunch of new threads yet again, from the General Discussion forum into their appropriate topic specific forums... come on guys, it's not that hard to take a minute or two before you start a new thread and look at the other forums to see if your thread is a better fit in one of those other forums. The General Discussion forums should be used for thread topics that are general in nature, and which don't fit in one of the other forums.
Bumping this thread once again, especially for those newer members who may not have had the chance to read it.

We have lots of topic specific forums here... next time you're about to start a new thread in the General Discussion forum, please stop and take a few minutes to look around at the other forum headings to see if your thread would fit better in one of those other topic specific forums. If it is a better fit in one of the other forums, please start your thread in that forum instead of the GD forum.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Mike

Moderator, CBR300forum.com

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once more regarding existing threads...

Please look through the various forums to see if there is a thread already existing on your topic or subject... if there is a thread that has already been started on that topic, please add your post to that thread rather than starting a new thread. For example, there are several existing threads in the Appearance & Body forum which pertain to the topic of Aftermarket Exhausts, so obviously those threads can be added to with new comments and questions, rather than starting new threads on the same topic.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Time for another bump to the top of the forum...

We have lots of topic specific forums here, for example: Parts & Accessories; Wheels, Tires, & Suspension... the list goes on.

PLEASE, the next time you're about to start a new thread in the General Discussion forum, do everyone a favor and take a minute to look around at the other forum titles to see if your thread would be more appropriate in one of the other topic specific forums.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.