Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a used 2012 cbr250r, which I gather is almost the same as a Cbr300r (Cbr300r fairings which the previous owner fitted are a perfect fit). The previous owner also had some spicy performance mods: power commander 5, Leo Vince sbk slip on, ohlims, etc.

As I wanted to make sure it was in as good condition as possible before I started riding it, I brought it in to my regular shop to get a inspection and valve check done. But my mechanic told me that the PC5 was over riding the stock ecu, and he had to remove it and reset the stock ecu so he could do the valve checks, and he couldn't simply remove the PC5 to bring it back to stock fuelling. He also told advised me to do so as he said the PC5 would affect the reliability of my engine and I would have to keep bringing the bike in for regular tuning, which I am confused about. Does anyone have any insight on this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I bought a used 2012 cbr250r, which I gather is almost the same as a Cbr300r (Cbr300r fairings which the previous owner fitted are a perfect fit). The previous owner also had some spicy performance mods: power commander 5, Leo Vince sbk slip on, ohlims, etc.

As I wanted to make sure it was in as good condition as possible before I started riding it, I brought it in to my regular shop to get a inspection and valve check done. But my mechanic told me that the PC5 was over riding the stock ecu, and he had to remove it and reset the stock ecu so he could do the valve checks, and he couldn't simply remove the PC5 to bring it back to stock fuelling. He also told advised me to do so as he said the PC5 would affect the reliability of my engine and I would have to keep bringing the bike in for regular tuning, which I am confused about. Does anyone have any insight on this?
Do you have the abs model? If yes, can you please send me photos of any markings on the front and rear wheel? I have a CBR300R and i am trying to find if the 250 wheels fit. From the appearence only they are the same, but i want to see all the markings if they are the same. Thanks in advance and sorry for not speaking on your topic

·
Registered
52 Posts
But my mechanic told me that the PC5 was over riding the stock ecu, and he had to remove it and reset the stock ecu so he could do the valve checks
I'm not entirely familiar with the PC5 but I do run an EJK kit on my 300 and adjusting/ over riding the fueling & timing is what these units do, its how more power is made in general. The EJK does not change timing but I assume the PC5 does. In any case, maybe not finishing my coffee is keeping me from overlooking the obvious but, I don't see a reason that it would have to be removed to check valve clearances. My unit only piggy backs onto the injector and has nothing to do with the valve cover.

As far as bringing it back to stock, check install videos for the unit. I bet if it is just removed the ECU goes back to running like normal. Then having to bring it back in for regular tuning if it is left in place sounds like a load of garbage to me. Once its tuned or a tune is selected through the PC system via laptop (I think that how they work) it done. unless you plug it back up to change it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts