Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PSA: After riding my bike for six months I have encountered many wise riders while stoping for food or gas etc. These people have shared thier wisdom with me and now I want to share that wisdom with the CBR300 comunity.

First off, my motorcycle purchase was a dumb financial decision, because for the same price I could have gotten a used jixxxxxxxxxxxer(best bike in the world). Reasons:

1)A jixxxxxxxxer is a better bike in every way, because it can go "Like so much faster."

2)Also, a jixxxxxxxxxer has the advantage of being able to do wheelies and burnouts. Even though a cbr could also do these things, if you wanted to, it can't do them nearly as well as a jixxxxxxxxxer.

3)A jixxxxxxxxer doesn't require helmets or gear so you can put that money towards another jixxxxxxxxxer

4)If you want to improve the handling you can always stretch it!

5) Girls love Jixxxxxxxxxxxxxers

That is only a small amount of reasons why I implore you all to sell your bikes and get a Jixxxxxxxxxxxer.

tl;dr: I now hate the word Jixer and most of the people who ride them.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Good Lord, what so called "rider" said all that? Certainly not you, Dizzy.
Did that come from a quote somewhere on here or another forum?
..its quite possible that the original author of these 5 reasons is dead these days...

·
Registered
166 Posts
I like my CBR more and more everyday I ride it. After I get done with a ride I feel like I have to find someone to tell how much fun and excitement they just missed out on and I only had gone to the grocery store.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good Lord, what so called "rider" said all that? Certainly not you, Dizzy.
Did that come from a quote somewhere on here or another forum?
..its quite possible that the original author of these 5 reasons is dead these days...
Its mostly an over exageration of a stereotype I commonly meet around town. Most people around here seem to HAVE TO size up thier 600cc supersport to my bike, while at the same time exhibit unsafe riding practices and questionable motives.

Did I mention they like to say Jixxer?

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
Yes its funny how riders of big bores feel the need to extol their (assumed) virtues on anyone riding a machine of lesser capacity. Having been there and owned a handful of bikes of 750cc or greater myself I find it particularly irksome. Horsepower is not the king of all.

I do find it particularly pleasing however when they cant keep up with you on a winding piece of road or track.... and when you stop at the pump to fill up and see how much they are putting in compared to you.... and when it comes time to purchase new tyres and they've got to shell out mega bucks for rubber as wide as a car tyre!

As Ive said loadsa times: Its more fun to ride a small bike fast than a big bike slow. :)

Reactions: Dan German

·
Registered
41 Posts
Exactly ^^^

For me the choice of getting the 300 was the practicality of use. I have my suzuki which is faster has a bigger engine but rarely do I ever use its advantages over the cbr in my area. My buddies seemed confused why I went with something smaller than what I already have and said that I wouldn't be able to keep up with them . Well it all depends am I going to be able to keep up with you in a race? No probably not, but am I going to be able to keep up for general commuting and the average speed limit in my area? Of course. I have had no problems with the amount of power this bike puts out. sure more would be better but it's nothing to stress over. The bike is what it is.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think Dizzy your an I....t The 300 is made for a purpose. It a commute spots bike. Yes if you want to kill your self and do all those things and have a problem with the cops go right ahead. But use the forum for positive subjects that what everybody is here for. Not s--t talk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yes brannyb o got my bike for the same thing. I do about 90km a day and the 300 if a perfect bike for that. It is way better that the 250 that i had and it does not have that engine top end rattle that the 250s have.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
there will always be that form of distraction
from boredom, which is a state of mind..

if you are not, 'bored', riding your motorcycle,
recognise that as the/your natural healthy state
of mind.. this is key to any question
about 'not enough power' etc..

once it becomes a numbers game
there will never be enough..

·
Registered
74 Posts
When I had my GSXR600, people asked me why I didn't get the 1000. When I had my GSXR750, people asked why I didn't get a "real" bike (Harley). I got rid of my 750 of 10 years and could've got anything I wanted, but I choose the CBR250R - now the 300R after being rear ended. No regrets.

People are stupid.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I had my GSXR600, people asked me why I didn't get the 1000. When I had my GSXR750, people asked why I didn't get a "real" bike (Harley). I got rid of my 750 of 10 years and could've got anything I wanted, but I choose the CBR250R - now the 300R after being rear ended. No regrets.

People are stupid.
Only bike better than a jixxxxer is a jixxxxer1000.

Only bike better than a jixxxxxer1000 is a turbo 'busa!

·
Registered
352 Posts
there will always be that form of distraction
from boredom, which is a state of mind..

if you are not, 'bored', riding your motorcycle,
recognise that as the/your natural healthy state
of mind.. this is key to any question
about 'not enough power' etc..

once it becomes a numbers game
there will never be enough..
Well said.
Deep Thoughts, by Shisoshin the Philosopher. :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Some guys like to think that the size of your motorcycle is directly proportional to the size of your manhood.

In reality, it is most likely the opposite, as these "bros" are trying to compensate for something that they lack.

·
Registered
352 Posts
When I had my GSXR600, people asked me why I didn't get the 1000...
...and those are the kind of riders I hope to avoid. Im too old to listen to that mess. I don't put up with BS like that. None of us here should. Especially the youngsters that are more apt to be swayed by "the cool kids" and the bikes their parents bought them.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
w/j - just an observation..

the argument imo is not about some actual thing
called 'boredom', especially about motorcycles,
rather its about how some idea is packaged,
'gift wrapped' to seem like something else,
worth opening,, with something good
inside.. when it could be a dog turd
or just an empty box..

·
Registered
93 Posts
The 300 isn't a bad bike for around town. In the future I'm looking at pickup up a FZ-07 but I'd still keep my 300 for around town off main hwy/interstate (mainly where I ride). It just doesn't feel right reving 8k+ on the highway in my 300.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts