Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I have done a teardown of my 2016 CBR300R engine and am in need of replacement parts. Partzilla lists multiple versions of the year model, such as 4A, 4AC, A, AC.

What is the best method of confirming this information?

Am currently away from the VIN number, so cannot test if a VIN lookup will tell me :p

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
This old thread may help but it only seems to apply to letters not numbers:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Some of those differences for the bike may address the various color schemes offered on that year and model. Other than ABS, and emission standards for different locales, the bikes will be pretty standard.
There are numerous reputable vendors. Even though all use OEM schematics and part numbers. Some are easier to plug into and decipher than others. The second link below gives a good example of the different color schemes, emission standards, and additional letters, that I was talking about.
2016 Honda CBR300R Street Bike OEM Parts | MotoSport
2016 Honda CBR300R OEM Parts Finder & Fiche Lookup - RevZilla

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the info.

Seems that it cannot be deciphered through normal VIN lookups. I will be calling some shops on Tuesday to see if they can offer any more insight. Need to replace the piston and cylinder, so I want to make absolutely sure what I'm putting in are the correct parts.

I will be back to update with what information I can find.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thank you both for the info.

Seems that it cannot be deciphered through normal VIN lookups. I will be calling some shops on Tuesday to see if they can offer any more insight. Need to replace the piston and cylinder, so I want to make absolutely sure what I'm putting in are the correct parts.

I will be back to update with what information I can find.
If you need info, you can message me the VIN and I’ll plug it into the system for ID. There isn’t a lot of variation in the CB/CBR300 line, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts