Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, I'm considering ditching the heavy muffler but i don't won't a loud bike. I work shift work half the year and midnight starts and finishes are the norm, gf just moved in last week and i get along well with my neighbours. Plus the fact that loud pipes get annoying on long trips.

Any quiet ish aftermarket pipes out there? I know they will still be louder than stock.

·
Banned
777 Posts
You want one with or without a dB silencer?
do know that a dB silencer will also restrict performance somewhat.

Generally speaking, the smaller the exhaust tip, or the larger diameter the can, the lower the noise levels.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Hey All, I'm considering ditching the heavy muffler but i don't won't a loud bike. I work shift work half the year and midnight starts and finishes are the norm, gf just moved in last week and i get along well with my neighbours. Plus the fact that loud pipes get annoying on long trips.

Any quiet ish aftermarket pipes out there? I know they will still be louder than stock.
The FMF Apex slip-on made for the CBR250R is reasonably quiet, and has a nice low & deep throaty sound with the supplied dB insert installed. A bit louder when run without the dB insert. As compared to most of the other aftermarket units out there, it's far and away one of the best quality slip-ons you can buy. Available in either Carbon Fiber or Titanium body versions.

Of course it would require a bit of fabrication work to make it fit to the 300R's head pipe outlet, but it's certainly doable.

Looks pretty good too...

Vehicle Auto part Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Tire

Reactions: mikal

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
You want one with or without a dB silencer?
do know that a dB silencer will also restrict performance somewhat.
Not necessarily, I did a top speed comparison on my Delkevic with db reducer in, then out. Exact same top speed.
@Treve82 If I was buying again Trev I would spend a little more and go for the Scorpion.
All the big names like Yoshi, Two Bros, Akrapovic have a high level of build quality etc but are still louder than what I think you are looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts