Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, a bit of a different request than usual.

Does anyone know what the quietest aftermarket exhaust is? I want the weight savings but also want it to be quiet at idle. Not fussed about how loud it is at full throttle.

I do a lot of midnight starts and finishes and want to keep things subtle around the neighbourhood.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I wanted the exact same as you , the weight savings, performance, but also quiet low down in the rev range.

I'm not sure it's possible to get all those things in one package. In the end I've ordered the two brothers full system. will report back when it's fitted

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
leo vince evoII eu approved slip on
with two restrictors [inlet and exit of
cannister] while still, loud, under load,
such as overtaking etc, can be quiet
enough at startup/idle, and take off,
so long as you dont over rev her
and ride to the environment..

i would ride away from home downslope,
needing next to no extra revs..
if i chose to take off up the hill
that would generate extra noise..
its down to the rider..

overtakes and off the lights plus
blipping to warn pedestrians etc,
will generate higher noise levels..
but you decide to overtake or not
and how you get off the line etc..

i had my son start her up and take off
while i listened from inside, where
she was less noisy than some cars
and trucks and the stock harley..

'concept' versions of road hondas
often use akr exhausts etc, which become
cat cannisters for general sale..
honda designers/engineers show
their design preferences therby..

its the overweight ungainly cannister
dictated by some regulations
that is the real add-on design..

ultimately whatever the potential,
for noise making, it still comes down
to the rider and her throttle hand..

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
I wanted the exact same as you , the weight savings, performance, but also quiet low down in the rev range.

I'm not sure it's possible to get all those things in one package. In the end I've ordered the two brothers full system. will report back when it's fitted
You will probably find the 2 Bros is loud because it's not EU approved. Most of the big name ones like Yoshi, Akrapovic and 2 Bros are loud.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the Yoshimura slip on on my CB300F and it is loud with the decibel reducer and very loud, as in, too loud without. I had an Akrapovic on my Vstrom 650 and it was perfect. I could drive around using low revs with stealth and managed a healthy bark at full throttle. Not sure how that muffler sounds on the Honda.

I think the Scorpion slip on has two decibal reducers so it may offer three levels of sound and performance. Just a thought.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have the Yoshimura slip on on my CB300F and it is loud with the decibel reducer and very loud, as in, too loud without. I had an Akrapovic on my Vstrom 650 and it was perfect. I could drive around using low revs with stealth and managed a healthy bark at full throttle. Not sure how that muffler sounds on the Honda.

I think the Scorpion slip on has two decibal reducers so it may offer three levels of sound and performance. Just a thought.
yes, three possible tunes. I use both DB reducers and sounds great, nice and throaty with just the right loudness but never annoying even at top rev.

·
Banned
777 Posts
Danmoto with their carbon GP is the quietest, but still freakin loud even with a dB killer in.
I would presume you'd have to look in the 300-500 range.
If you have a mid pipe, some cheaper $80 slipons come with silencer. The bigger the can, the quieter they are (usually).

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an Akrapovic and that might be OK for what you want. Its only noisy over about 6k.
I was thinking about going with Akra but haven't seem much information on it. Are you using it with the baffle? Based on the one review I've seen, the person states that power delivery seems scattered about the RPMs -- have you experienced this? Also, does it work fine without a fuel controller?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah, I pretty much ended up accepting the performance vs noise compromise

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have an Akrapovic and that might be OK for what you want. Its only noisy over about 6k.
Would it be just as loud with ear plugs on?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Danmoto with their carbon GP is the quietest, but still freakin loud even with a dB killer in.
I would presume you'd have to look in the 300-500 range.
If you have a mid pipe, some cheaper $80 slipons come with silencer. The bigger the can, the quieter they are (usually).

Now how can it be the quietest one but still freaking loud? Just cause you have one? Only one you ever heard?

Scorpion is pretty quiet if not the quietest. At speeds above 60mph wind noise will drown out exahaust noise.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Now how can it be the quietest one but still freaking loud? Just cause you have one? Only one you ever heard?

Scorpion is pretty quiet if not the quietest. At speeds above 60mph wind noise will drown out exahaust noise.

Fully agree about the Scorpion. It is louder than a stock, but far from being obnoxious. For me it starts to drone out at 45 mph.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone, a bit of a different request than usual.

Does anyone know what the quietest aftermarket exhaust is? I want the weight savings but also want it to be quiet at idle. Not fussed about how loud it is at full throttle.

I do a lot of midnight starts and finishes and want to keep things subtle around the neighbourhood.
Did you ever settle on a particular can then. I’m in the same quest at the moment. I’m thinking of going for the Scorpion. Did you try it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts