Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a mount for my old Nexus 4 so I can use it as a GPS to get around. I got lost couple of times. I asked, and everybody seems to recommend RAM. My question is how do I remove that fork stem plastic cap where the RAM base goes in? It feels rather sticky and not willing to come out.

What do personally use? Any better products that don't use the fork stem?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used a knife to work it out just enough to be able to get a flathead screwdriver in. Once you get the screwdriver in there, it comes right out.
That worked perfectly! So I just put a blade in this area and went back and forth. It got pushed up easily.

Package got delayed a day. I'll post when I install it.
Looks like we have the problem solved :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Trim removal tools worked like a charm. I highly recommend getting a set sometime. They work whenever you want to pry something from something else without scratching anything. I use them all the time for the plastic rivets on motorcycles and cars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trim removal tools worked like a charm. I highly recommend getting a set sometime. They work whenever you want to pry something from something else without scratching anything. I use them all the time for the plastic rivets on motorcycles and cars.
You're right. Using profesional tools is always better. I ordered a set for future use. Thanks for the reference :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I may be too late, but instead of using the stem mount, I just used the clamp mount and clamped it to the left side of the handle bar. I'll try to get a pic of my Ram Mount setup later tonight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts