Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably like most newbies here, I wasn't aware new members were expected or encouraged to post here! I joined within days of getting my first bike at the end of February 2019, but only occasionally checked in. Just made my first post asking for advice in the Electronics section (Where to access the 12V ignition wire? (Installing dashcam)) and realised new members were encouraged to say something here.

I've had my 2016 Honda CBR300RA just over a year now and done over 10,000 kms / 6200 mi. It was my "mid-life crisis", since I was 49 when I thought one day, I'll get into motorbiking, and woke up realising it was already "one day". So I started reading the Learner's guide when I discovered I could just download it. Next thing I knew, I had booked a Learner's course to qualify for my L's. When I mentioned it on Facebook, a friend was selling her CBR300R, only 2000 kms for a 3 year old machine. So as soon as I got my L's I bought it.

And I have been loving it ever since!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I like the 2016 because of the devil horns in the back (grab bars). This was the final iteration of the Honda 300 (up to 2018) before they did away with the devil horn grab-bars. In my opinion Honda made a big mistake to get rid of those grab bars on the 2019+ models. They are handy for the girl in the back and they are also handy as a platform to strap a backpack/duffel bag onto for storage.

The newer models are very beautiful but they are less practical now....because the main point of the bike is to function as an economic Big City commuter. I believe that this was Mr Honda's intention. In USA the 300cc Hondas are used as Newbie training/learning bikes but the actual main design of this bike on a GLOBAL scale is to be used as a Big City commuter bike that carves thru heavy, congested traffic at 75 mpg (fantastic fuel economy). Its a lane splitting/lane filtering champion.

·
Premium Member
5,286 Posts
I like the 2016 because of the devil horns in the back (grab bars).... In my opinion Honda made a big mistake to get rid of those grab bars on the 2019+ models.
That's funny to hear KC because a lot of us who owned the bike in the those first few years hated those grab handles and fitted delete plugs to fill the gap. We obviously weren't carrying enough girls on the back!There was like one outfit in Thailand who was making deletes relatively cheaply but charging exorbitant postage to the rest of world, which put a few buyers off. But then he went out of business. Not sure if they're available these days or not, probably being pumped out cheaply in China lol.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I fitted a rack for a topbox instead of the grab handles. I like somewhere to store the essentials while riding. Waterproof trousers,disc lock, tyre plugger and mini compressor, first aid kit ( I'm qualified FIRST BIKE on SCENE), energy bar, camera.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts