Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sockets do not fit the rear axil nut in 16mm or 17mm. So it's at least 18mm or bigger.
Anyone know? Hoping to adjust the chain slack soon. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
19mm on the left side, 24mm on the right (exhaust) side.
I had to adjust my chain twice in the first 500km but its stopped now.
However Ive almost run out of adjustment now as I changed my rear sprocket, dropping two teeth. Will have to take a link out.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
19mm on the left side, 24mm on the right (exhaust) side.
I had to adjust my chain twice in the first 500km but its stopped now.
However Ive almost run out of adjustment now as I changed my rear sprocket, dropping two teeth. Will have to take a link out.
I've been searching but only found a post by you stating you didn't torque your rear axle nut. You drew a line on the nut with a sharpie. Would you happen to know the torque setting? I thought it might be 65lbs?

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
I've been searching but only found a post by you stating you didn't torque your rear axle nut. You drew a line on the nut with a sharpie. Would you happen to know the torque setting? I thought it might be 65lbs?
No idea mate, someone with a 250R or 300R/F workshop manual may be able to help.

·
Registered
353 Posts
3/4" and 15/16" for you seppos

+1 for the sharpie/nikko/paint pen line, got the torque wrenches in the shed so i'd me interested to know the correct tension if anyone has it.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
3/4" and 15/16" for you seppos

+1 for the sharpie/nikko/paint pen line, got the torque wrenches in the shed so i'd me interested to know the correct tension if anyone has it.
Do you use English size wrenches on your bike? I only say this because you converted the Metric sizes to English. That would pretty much strip any bolt you are working on?
I have tons and tons of tools but 2 different sets, Metric and English. Each in their own Tool box/drawers.
BTW Treve where do you live? It doesn't say in your profile

·
Registered
353 Posts
i'm in Far north Queensland, Australia (probably should update the profile). I'm a fitter/machinist by trrade and back on the tools after a few years condition minitoring. I work in a 100 year old factory, lots and lots of imperial gear so i work in both units all the time. The sizes i quoted are AF but i've still got a fair bit of British Standard gear as well.

3/4" is only 2 thou bigger than 19mm

15/16" should be around 8 and a half thou too small but i'm sure most are the same spanner/socket with a different stamp on it.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
i'm in Far north Queensland, Australia (probably should update the profile). I'm a fitter/machinist by trrade and back on the tools after a few years condition minitoring. I work in a 100 year old factory, lots and lots of imperial gear so i work in both units all the time. The sizes i quoted are AF but i've still got a fair bit of British Standard gear as well.

3/4" is only 2 thou bigger than 19mm

15/16" should be around 8 and a half thou too small but i'm sure most are the same spanner/socket with a different stamp on it.
Ok your location explains a lot. In the U.S. everything is half n half. But when it comes to things I know are purely Metric such as our bikes that's all I use. But I understand and probably have used standard on metric on other things.

·
Registered
424 Posts
CBR300RA rear axle nut is 65ft.lbs or 88Nm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts