Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to the community, not a first time reader (read some good advice on tires) but first time poster as I found myself in a situation. Maybe you can help me out.
I've searched the forum on rear axle topics but other than 3 results - didn't cover what I am looking for - there was nothing available.

So I went in a tire shop last week to patch the rear tire, long story short we had to change the tire. Upon trying to unscrew the nut it became apparent that something was off, the mechanic had to put in way too much force to get the thing moving.
After he unscrewed it, the threads on the rear axle were all chewed up, like it was screwed incorrectly from the factory or something (brand new bike, Dec 19'). Has anyone seen this before?

We couldn't screw the nut back on, I got in touch with the Honda dealership for a spare part but it will have to go to backorder and ship from Japan. Which in these covid days, it could mean months! I've been trying to find spare parts elsewhere (I am in Sydney, Australia), there's no stock in the whole country.
So far from what I've seen, only the 2020 CB300F has the same spare part as mine (42301-K0A-E10), the previous year's or other models have different part codes, e.g 42301-KYJ-900

My question is, will parts from other models do? Like CBR300 or CB300F?
eBay and some motorcycle stores have some options but not for my bike, thinking if I could use something until the original part arrives from Japan.

Also if anyone is from down under and knows any shops that might stock these please let me know :)

Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
Ok, there's only two things we need to know:

1. what is the diameter of the rear axle on the CB300R? I'd imagine it is probably 16mm like the CBR300R and CB300F.

2. If it is the same diameter then we need to know your axle length? If its shorter than the above mentioned bikes then that's Ok as you can just add extra washers under the nut to take up the excess. If the CB300R axle is longer though then you wont be able to use the axle off the other bikes. They will be too short and the threaded end wont stick out far enough to get a nut on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply kiwi rider, much appreciated! I'll get those numbers for you tomorrow, the bike is still in the workshop.

Has the length of the CBR300R axle been shared around in this forum or is known from somewhere else already?

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
Unfortunately I have now sold my CBR so hopefully one of the other members can oblige with that measurement as I dont think it would be mentioned in a post anywhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts