Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed any rear carrier on their cbr300r? I'm thinking of looking into getting one for my bike. I have a motocentric tail bag (MotoCentric Mototrek Roll Tail Bag - Motorcycle Superstore) that i use to carry my stuff all the time and it's been the perfect bag for me. Unfortunately since it goes on the passenger seat, i can't have my gf on at the same time, which is the reason i really want to get a rear carrier on my bike to be able to attach the bag on it and be able to have my gf ride with me.

So far i found this (HONDA CBR300R/F REAR RACK) but it doesn't seem so reliable. Any help and advice would be great!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone installed any rear carrier on their cbr300r? I'm thinking of looking into getting one for my bike. I have a motocentric tail bag (MotoCentric Mototrek Roll Tail Bag - Motorcycle Superstore) that i use to carry my stuff all the time and it's been the perfect bag for me. Unfortunately since it goes on the passenger seat, i can't have my gf on at the same time, which is the reason i really want to get a rear carrier on my bike to be able to attach the bag on it and be able to have my gf ride with me.

So far i found this (HONDA CBR300R/F REAR RACK) but it doesn't seem so reliable. Any help and advice would be great!
i too am looking for a topcase for my 300F but cant really find anything specific for our bikes, i only found a review on amazon for some rear side bags that some dude posted and he even included pics of it installed on his 300F. He also said he can carry his girlfriend and the bags at the same time with no complaints.

Nelson-Rigg SPRT-40 Spirit Black Sport Saddle Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0031BE6OQ/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_9K3NvbNC4E9VW

Hope this helps i too am looking for a storage option that still lets me bring my girl along, this is looking like the best choice.

·
Registered
212 Posts

That's the one I purchased, but I have yet to fit it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Once you install it, let us know so we can see how the end result is :)
Will do, but you could be in for a long wait :( .

I've had my rack since March this year and have no plans or reason to fit it in the foreseeable future. I used a different motorbike in the end for a trip I had contemplated using my 300 for which would have needed a rack, hence the purchase of the rack.

It's better quality than my CRF250L rack that came from Thailand.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do, but you could be in for a long wait :( .

I've had my rack since March this year and have no plans or reason to fit it in the foreseeable future. I used a different motorbike in the end for a trip I had contemplated using my 300 for which would have needed a rack, hence the purchase of the rack.

It's better quality than my CRF250L rack that came from Thailand.
no problem at all. so it feels sturdy enough to hold up a fair amount of weight and also to last long?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Re luggage and pillions. Before getting the 300, which I personally feel is a little underpowered for carrying a pillion, I always fitted a topbox to my bikes. This provided the necessary, secure storage but also gave Mrs Wife (my usual co-pilot) an increased feeling of security, having something behind her should she sway backwards under acceleration.

·
Registered
212 Posts
no problem at all. so it feels sturdy enough to hold up a fair amount of weight and also to last long?
Correct me if I am wrong, but you will find a weight limit on all racks, generally in the range of 5 - 7 kg in my experience.

I paid about £90 for my CRF rack which was sturdy but poorly finished. The CBR rack looks better quality and looks straight forward enough to fit.

I do recall a thread or post indicating that on fitiing a particular rack, the rack was too close to the tail unit and there was a risk of damage. To resolve, this a modification was made.

Until I fit and use the rack, I can't offer much more advice. When I eventually fit the rack, I'll no doubt fit a top box plate and top box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts