Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to bring the 300R over to a friend's shop to have a piece machined to remove the bar handles completely.

I'm curious to see who's interested in this piece and what would be a price that you're willing to pay?

Keep in mind the following:
- Cost of shipping from Canada to wherever you are. (I'll ship with a tracking number)
- The piece will need to be painted to match your bike (not my responsibility).

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I'm going to bring the 300R over to a friend's shop to have a piece machined to remove the bar handles completely.

I'm curious to see who's interested in this piece and what would be a price that you're willing to pay?

- Cost of shipping from Canada to wherever you are. (I'll ship with a tracking number)
- The piece will need to be painted to match your bike (not my responsibility).
I made my own piece. I used modelers clay and pushed it into the hole(took out the handles). When it dried I simply sanded it smooth and fiberglassed it with 2 layers of cloth. Sanded that and painted.

btw if anyone's interested Amazon sells OEM Honda paint. I know they have Millenium Red for sure. They sell it in pen/marker form which comes with 3 pens, base, color, clearcoat. They have a spraycan and quarts as well

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Just throw some clay in and let it harden, sand, fiberglass, sand, and done. The only issue with my custom clay mold is it only fits the opening if you also have the Pillion Delete. The hole is shaped differently if you have the OEM Seat vs the Honda Pillion Cowl

I only have primer on them now, waiting for the paint from amazon. But I got the TST flasher relay so I've been working on my electric taking out all those freaking hot resistors.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Someone about a year ago from Thailand was selling them for $40 but the shipping was $40 also because they were in Thailand. I contacted him a while ago to see if he could ship them cheaper and he said it's not worth his trouble shipping international. He owned a body shop.
If someone is interested in making their own it's super easy and cheap. I paid $3 for 2.5lbs of modeling natural clay and a 3M Fiberglass kit with 3ft square cloth for $10, then sandpaper. That's it. Takes about 2 days of work only because it takes the clay 24 hours to dry and another 24 for the fiber resin to dry.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Zero interest in this, glad I didn't ask to make more than one pair!
You say you're having them machined? So they are gonna be like CNC Aluminum or something?
@kiwi rider Yours are fiberglass right? or Carbon?
I was thinking of doing mine in Red Carbon Fiber but there's no difference in weight really between Glass and Carbon plus it's not a structural piece that needs to be super strong

·
Premium Member
5,373 Posts
You say you're having them machined? So they are gonna be like CNC Aluminum or something?
@kiwi rider Yours are fiberglass right? or Carbon?
I was thinking of doing mine in Red Carbon Fiber but there's no difference in weight really between Glass and Carbon plus it's not a structural piece that needs to be super strong
Fiber glass. I see the Absolute website is still down, wonder if he has gone out business.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Fiber glass. I see the Absolute website is still down, wonder if he has gone out business.
Yah someone else bought the domain a while ago too. I emailed him a few times about 6 months ago and he said it was too much hassle to mail internationally. He owns a small bike shop and custom makes them as people request them. Once you have a mold it's super easy. Only takes about 5 minutes to lay the fiber and resin then the rest is just waiting for it to dry. But like I said the mold for mine is different than if you have the OEM rear seat. Slightly different curve in the back

·
Registered
2 Posts

• Cost of shipping from Canada to wherever you are. (I'll ship with a tracking number)
  • The piece will need to be painted to match your bike (not my responsibility).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts