Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey sorry if this has been discussed, couldn't find anything on it

Does anyone have a decent rear wheel stand they can recommend? Not looking at spending very much, but I just need something for chain maintenance and I really don't want to just keep rolling it back and forth.
I looked at a few on Revzilla for my CB300f but in the reviews at least two of them stated their 300r fell off the stand.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I use the trackside rear paddock stand from Cycle Gear-it's adjustable fits the CB 300 well-just make sure you use two people one to hold the bike upright the other to push the stand down than It can't fall-I also bought a front roll on stand to make it a one person operation-if you buy a front roll on stand make sure it's for a 110 front tire as most are designed for a 120 tire

·
Registered
288 Posts
I bought the very cheap Venom stands (front+rear) on Amazon. The rear is rather secure and I have no qualms leaving the bike on it. The front is super sketchy because of where it supports the bottom of the forks, and steering movement. With such a small/light bike, using either is a one-man operation. But I'd be concerned with anything larger.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I bought the very cheap Venom stands (front+rear) on Amazon. The rear is rather secure and I have no qualms leaving the bike on it. The front is super sketchy because of where it supports the bottom of the forks, and steering movement. With such a small/light bike, using either is a one-man operation. But I'd be concerned with anything larger.
Yep. If your getting a front stand do yourself a favor and invest in a stand that lifts from underneath the steering head, much safer and secure. I've seen a couple of incidents with those under fork models. Also means you cant work on your suspension because its being used as a load bearing member.
For those not sure what type I mean see pic.

vortex_racing_vortex_front_stand_head_lift.jpg

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
my [aust] paddock stand was inexpensive, simple and strong, with sliding rubber topped under swingarm adjustable supports.. secure and easy to use, especially after practice.. went up easily once positioned, pulled back from left [downhill] side while pressing down with right foot..
never had a problem, but if son was handy he could lift as i pulled..

highly recommend this simple inexpensive purpose made device for all cleaning etc and especially chain maintenance and alignment...

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
So with all of these I have to install spools right? New to the bike game obviously
No, just to confuse things for you. :D
Lets leave front stands out of the picture for now as you only asked about rear stands.

There is a type of rear stand that has supports (like Shisoshin has) that does not require spools to be attached to the swing arm.
The stand supports rest under the bottom of the swing arm and the bike gets lifted from there. See link below.

https://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-swingarm-rear-stand-65620.html

·
Super Moderator
2,999 Posts
I also have the Trackside rear stand from Cycle Gear. It has lifting brackets that can be used with spools, as well as rubber blocks to lift on the bottom of the swing arm.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have the SwingArm stand from Harbor Freight tools $35 but you can get a 20% discount with the coupon

https://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-swingarm-rear-stand-65620.html

No spools required. But its not as stable as a spool stand would be. But so far I have not had any trouble with the bike falling off but that is because I have been very careful and make sure the bike is not in Neutral while you heave it up on the stand and also when you let it down make sure its not in Neutral or else this will happen...... funny blopper ALERT

Oh wait, sorry wrong video. I cant find it now but I had a video of an ignoramus that made the bike fall over because when he let it back down it was in Neutral and the bike rolled forward and slammed down on the ground. Although this guy here is also a moron.....He didnt tighten down the nut that keeps the brackets from swiveling

·
Registered
388 Posts
The first time I went to Harbor Freight Tools I bought the spool paddock stand first. Then when I got home I was like "How does this attach to my motorcycle?"

Ha-Ha! What a newb I used to be! =D

I guess I still am a noob actually, just a noob with 1 year of riding experience.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I bought one of those rollers at Harbor Freight that you roll the rear tire of the bike onto. Obviously doesn't raise the tire off the ground but it works fine for cleaning/lubing the chain. Just used it today actually. I've been neglecting my chain for 1k miles and it wasn't very gunked up or out of spec.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
... Although this guy here is also a moron.....He didnt tighten down the nut that keeps the brackets from swiveling
OMG, did he make hard work of that or what. I had time to make a cuppa and a cheese sandwich and when I came back he was still faffing around!
I just hope he was getting the bike up to do some work on that rusty chain of his.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
[mine is smaller but wider gauge tubing, rounder handle, you can carry it around your neck.. sliding rubber covered support blocks are firmly mounted, no swivelling, slides in and out with anchor bolts - set it once..
park upslope, into gutter, against a wall, or brick into front tyre..
mine supports further up swingarm, bit like a center stand, leaving axle area, chain etc unobstructed - shop around,, they last forever]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts