Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put rearsets on a 300F? If so did it make much of a difference in foot position and possible lean angles? My footpegs are currently dragging much earlier than I would like.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
I've never seen a thread on here about rear sets but i would do a search on cbr250.net for info as the frame is the same and there's more guys on there who track their bikes.

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
change your riding style. Shift your weight to the inside and even hang off racer style and you don't have to lean as much for a given speed at a given radius. It is actually safer this way cause the more a bike is leaned over the less traction you have. I'm all the way to the edge of my tire and I have plenty of ground clearance till the pegs....I think I have easily an inch if not two inches or more of clearance left at the pegs when I'm at the edge of my tire.

I actually want to lower my pegs by an inch to give me more leg room. I have a 30" inseam and it feels cramped after a few hours on the bike and legs eventually go numb. I might ad thickness to the seat if I can't find a way to lower the pegs.

Also how heavy are you? if more then less then add some preload to the shock and you can add preload the fork too by putting in a longer spacer.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
I actually want to lower my pegs by an inch to give me more leg room. I have a 30" inseam and it feels cramped after a few hours on the bike and legs eventually go numb. I might ad thickness to the seat if I can't find a way to lower the pegs.
Swapping OEM pegs for the aftermarket 600RR pegs gains you at least half an inch extra leg room as the OEM pegs are quite bulky with the big rubber pad on top.

honda 600RR foot pegs | eBay

·
Registered
31 Posts
About a year and a half ago I injured my left knee and it still bothers me occasionally. After riding about 30 minutes it aches and goes numb. To help with the problem I added 1.5" more padding to the seat and Buell 1" lower footpegs, which when installed on this motorcycle are actually 1.5" lower than stock footpegs. between the seat and the foot pegs that's 3' more legroom which really helps my knee.

The Buell footpegs ($30) ARE NOT A DIRECT FIT, You have to make them fit.

Knightdesigns.com makes 1 3/8' lower footpegs ($110-$120) specifically for the CBR250.

This is my footpeg collection. The Buell pegs are the third from the left. I am currently using the one on the far right. They move my foot lower and forward about 2 inches. I whittled two different sets out of a block of 6061-t alumunum.

[img=http://s6.postimg.org/7mct8iapp/100_0115.jpg]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts