Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with these two models and do you know if any body parts interchange between the two models? I'm a center stand guy and noticed that T-Rex has a center stand for the Rebel models and wonder if this would swap over to the CB models. Viewing the T-Rex website's installation video makes it look like a possibility.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm sure if that was true T Rex would advertise it as such and sell alot more center stands

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Maybe they didn't think of the possibility -their projects page shows they have a lot in the works for other brands. Or they may consider the R model a sporty bike and the sporty bike crowd is not into adding anything that would reduce ground clearance and prevent them from carving the corners swiftly. Consider the Triumph Street Triple and Ducati Monster. No stands for them unless it's a paddock type stand. And those have their limitations. Still if any members with actual experience with the two models, chime in. Update 9/9: I emailed T-Rex regarding interchangeability of this stand on my CB300R and they replied that they had not tried it on this model and mentioned that I could buy one and return it if it didn't fit. SOLD! whipped out the credit card and put an order on them. Now just waiting for the delivery guy to show up.Update9/11: UPS acknowledges expected delivery late 9/14 so some time 9/15 we'll know if it fits.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Keep us informed because if it does fit I will have one PDQ

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I received the stand early enough yesterday to attempt an installation. Unfortunately the brackets mounting the stand to the frame did not fit the CB300R. The Rebel 300 and CB have much different mounting points for their foot pegs so no holes lined up. I hate to but I have to request return authorization for this stand. I will be using my Abba stand until maybe T-Rex redesigns their brackets for the CB300R.

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
I received the stand early enough yesterday to attempt an installation. Unfortunately the brackets mounting the stand to the frame did not fit the CB300R. The Rebel 300 and CB have much different mounting points for their foot pegs so no holes lined up. I hate to but I have to request return authorization for this stand. I will be using my Abba stand until maybe T-Rex redesigns their brackets for the CB300R.
Thanks for letting us know, may help a future owner out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts