Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just dipped my rear tire hugger. Took about 5 or 6 coats. It's on thick. Then used a few coats od glossifier. Any thoughts? I think the Plasti dip red is pretty close to Honda's 2015 'millemium' red.
Cool thing is the more coats you put on the easier it just peels off. Also you can douse it with wd40 and wipe the goo off in 5 minutes

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I think the standard black or carbon fiber looks best, but as long as you like it then that's all that really matters.
Just being honest. :)

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the standard black or carbon fiber looks best, but as long as you like it then that's all that really matters.
Just being honest. :)
Well the carbon was always my first choice in my head. I have so many projects right now, with the clip-ons, new grips, new levers. So being bored 1 day I just thought of this suddenly. Went to the store bought a can and tried it. Cool thing with plasti, it just peals off. But I will probably go right with the carbon one you're right. I just ordered the red rear pillion cowl, cheapest I found it $131 from a Dealer. So the next purchase will be the carbon hugger. You never know unless you try right? Lol my wife says there's too much red also now.

·
Registered
96 Posts
+1 too much red

check this thread first post, cb300f with all the cf panel upgrades except the cf front fender,

you can see the rear cf fender at least from one side

the pics do not do the bike justice, looks much better live kind of has a stealth look to it especially with no graphics on the upgraded cf side panels

also has the pillion delete panel

http://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/honda-cb300f-pictures/8162-my-cb300f.html

ride safe

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The F looks good, but for me too much black! Lol. My bikes getting a whole bunch more red too. Red 3 way adjustable Driven clip ons, red/carbon grips + aluminum throttle tube and red shorty levers. Lol the spray was 6bux so I figured I'd try it and if I didn't like it I'd just peel it off and get the carbon which I had always wanted. But after a few days now It's grown on me alot. And the color is almost a dead on. Except it's more of a matte finish. Feels like rubber

·
Registered
96 Posts
Pillion Delete Cowl

On the pillion cowl the black is plastic correct? Why wouldn't Honda use vinyl padding at least? I rest my lower back there

the black bumper on the pillion delete cowl is kind of a rubber material similar to how the plastic dip feels when you rub across it

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Can't wait for my pillion cowl, I just wish someone made handle deletes with cheap shipping! I will not pay $40 for the parts and $45 for shipping only because he's the only 1 who makes them! Lol
Yes I was the same for a start and held out for a couple of months, sent the guy an e-mail about how crazy his shipping costs were etc etc...
and then I caved in cos I really wanted them! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I was the same for a start and held out for a couple of months, sent the guy an e-mail about how crazy his shipping costs were etc etc...
and then I caved in cos I really wanted them! :laugh:
Lol I know I really want them too. Thought about cutting these down but without the proper tools it would take about 2 years. Wish I knew a machinist. Then I'd probably paint them.
Are they actual metal still or a plastic type?

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Lol I know I really want them too. Thought about cutting these down but without the proper tools it would take about 2 years. Wish I knew a machinist. Then I'd probably paint them.
Are they actual metal still or a plastic type?
They are fiber glass or something similar. Which made it easy to file out the mounting holes a bit so I could adjust them slightly to get a perfect fit.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
No they come in black and I wanted that color. Here's a pic of a Thai bike that's got them color matched for comparison...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No they come in black and I wanted that color. Here's a pic of a Thai bike that's got them color matched for comparison...

I like that, looks very smooth. What kind of bike is that? I see he has a red painted tire hugger too! Lol I hate spending 100 bux in them but I'm gonna have to just break down n do it lol

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I like that, looks very smooth. What kind of bike is that? I see he has a red painted tire hugger too! Lol I hate spending 100 bux in them but I'm gonna have to just break down n do it lol
Pretty sure its a modified CBR250 or 300. Yeah no one likes paying through the nose on freight and I guess if you waited long enough someone else would start making them in competition and the price may drop...
but could be long wait :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts