Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing a post of the vinyl , I thought Its a neat idea,
but I can't decide on what colour...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
9x nope.

If you're going to go vinyl, why not use something really different? All of those look stock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
9x nope.

If you're going to go vinyl, why not use something really different? All of those look stock.

I kinda like the stock look actually and the matte black..
wasn't planning on $500+ to wrap the whole bike.:nerd:

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
On the Black CBR's, Red stripes look the best to my eye. For the Red CBR, White stripes look better than the other combinations shown, although the Red bike with Black stripes isn't bad and has a more subtle look. In these three examples, the combinations are consistent with traditional "Honda colors", and are complimentary to the main color of the bike.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I like the matte black w/ red stripes. Looks sharp!

·
Registered
96 Posts
my personal preference generally is for a solid color vehicle be it a car/truck or bike, therefore I tend not to be attracted to the tri color bikes, I own & drive two sport trucks as secondary vehicles both white (no chrome) from the mid to late 90's & my larger bike is a black Triumph Bonneville, & I am always considering more black for the Triumph not murdered out black but to be specific black wheels, a black headlight bucket, saddle color seat are under consideration, although I am not at all unhappy with the bike as it is now.

take for example the cb300f I consider a solid color bike with the base color imo being red with black fairings & a touch of the accent color white for the third color, I think it looks outstanding as the white compliments the other two colors

the tri color cbr300 has no accent colors as all the colors have the appearance of almost equal treatment, although the red/white/blue always look well together but in the end is a little too busy for me

but all that being said the black bike with red accent stripes or the red bike with a touch more white accent stripes, I could be happy with either, somebody on here the other week was considering a black cbr300 with green stripes which photoshopped out well

just fyi you want to see a good looking modern classic style bike check out the 2015 Triumph Bonneville Newchurch edition which is a special edition bike, black base color, black alloy wheels, red/white tank, & the white ended up as the accent color between the two, the amount of chrome suppressed, just gorgeous

no matter which bike I ride I always wear a high viz yellow vest & my Shoei x12 helmet is black base, yellow stripes, grey/silver accent stripes, black gloves have yellow accent stripes, anyway had to compromise on the red/yellow considering the vest but my personal preference is red/white accent, regardless goes with either bike & the contrast of colors enhances my visibility but still no substitute for awareness

ride safe

·
Registered
141 Posts
http://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/appearance-body/2570-replicating-black-yellow-scheme.html
Link to thread regarding my previous post. Sorry couldn't edit it for some reason.
Since you a said they keep the vinyl on file, does that mean any one of us jokers could call them and say "I want the cbr stripes that other guy got, but I want them in this color" and they could ship them?

That would be amazing. If love to go from matte black/yellow to black/white or black/teal

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I looked at my front fascia yesterday and noticed just 2 or 3 pencil point size ding dots lol. So I ordered some super flossy 4d carbon fiber vinyl. Gonna take off just the front piece, take the windscreen off and the mirrors and wrap it. Gonna wrap around the corners and install the screen and the mirrors over the wrap so there are no seams or cut lines visible. Then I was thinking of doing the rear tire hugger. Any thoughts? My bikes already so modified I can't even think of more things to do lol. I'm a manic modder

1 - 16 of 16 Posts