Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I just wanted to ask you, folks, how you get rid of those minor scratches that appear on the painted parts with time? I do not feel comfortable polishing them off since with time the upper layer will be way too thin. Is there a solution that you use to perhaps fill in these minor scratches at least for some time?
Please let me know what you think of it.

Thanks,

John.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If you google some of the car clubs on the internet I'm sure you will find an answer-30 years ago I found a product from a company called the Wax Shop that works wonders I bought 6 bottles(not cheap) before they went out of business still have 2 bottles left-It's the only thing I use to wax my bikes

·
Registered
272 Posts
Unfortunately, abrasive polish is the only way to remove scratches - besides new paint of course.
But you could protect sensitive parts with wax and transparent foils.
I put foils on the the tank I usually touch with my legs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your comments and recommendations, folks.

Unfortunately, abrasive polish is the only way to remove scratches - besides new paint of course.
That's what I thought, but I was hoping that there is a chance to find a liquid that will fill in the minor scratches at least for some time. I found a couple of motorcycle swirl removers and thought that they should fill in the minor scratches for some time until I wash it out. I saw one by Chemical Guys (https://www.motorcycleid.com/chemical-guys/moto-line-rebound-scratch-and-swirl-remover-mpn-mto10416.html) and a couple by the other brands, but none of the descriptions explains the way these removers work, you see. So I thought maybe someone here uses one these removers and can comment on the way they work.

I guess I will try some wax then and will see, how well waxes mask scratches and how long that coating will stay in place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts