Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to join the forums and get some insight on research I have been conducting regarding suspension for the CB300F. I read a post on the CBR250.net forums that stated that a Yamaha R6 Rear Shock could be fitted onto the CBR250R chasis. From what I have been able to gather so far, the CB/R 300 chasis are the "same" as the CBR250 which leads me to believe that this suspension change could be possible. Any further insight is appreciated. I'm highly interested as this a very cheap alternative than purchasing YSS or Ohlins at 5x the cost.

Also, look forward to reading further posts in the forum and trying to stay "engaged". Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
X 2 for the Ohlins shock.

Reactions: mikal

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Just wanted to join the forums and get some insight on research I have been conducting regarding suspension for the CB300F. I read a post on the CBR250.net forums that stated that a Yamaha R6 Rear Shock could be fitted onto the CBR250R chasis. From what I have been able to gather so far, the CB/R 300 chasis are the "same" as the CBR250 which leads me to believe that this suspension change could be possible. Any further insight is appreciated. I'm highly interested as this a very cheap alternative than purchasing YSS or Ohlins at 5x the cost.

Also, look forward to reading further posts in the forum and trying to stay "engaged". Thanks again.
Don't go 'rigging' up your new 300. Just save up and buy the Ohlins

·
Banned
1,070 Posts

Wonder why you are changing the shock? the stock one that came with mine works just fine and don't really see the need in changing until it wears out in years to come.

Reactions: mikal
1 - 4 of 4 Posts